Bought a Glock- first and only (probably)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by hodge, Nov 24, 2015.

1. hodge

hodge New Member

:jawdrop:

I've never been a fan of them; I know that they are reliable, capable weapons, but I care about how a gun looks- I've always thought that they were on the ugly side.
    A local shop (a convenience store 3 miles away) has a decent little gun shop, selling Rugers, Glocks, Hi Points, Smiths, Charter Arms, and Brownings. There was a G27 gen 3 in the case, and I liked the power to size ratio. I did some internet researching, and decided to pick it up. I like shooting 40, and I like the size of the gun. It isn't a work of art, but it is a quality tool. I ran it today, and it will do the job. It has some kick, but I didn't find it unmanageable or disagreeable. I look forward to running it more, and getting used to a Glock/striker fired gun.
    Saying all of that, I don't have any desires for any others in the lineup. I have what I want, and my favorites are still my SR1911 and my Sig Sauers.

[​IMG]

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Go pick up the extension mag with the finger groove that came originally with the gun. That ring finger hold on the gun settles it down quite a bit. That is my EDC and what I really like about is the fact that all (Glock 22, Glock 23, and Glock 27) three of my .40 cal Glocks use the same magazine so I have super high capacity mags at all times.

3. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

I second the extension. I have the XL added onto my mags for my 26.
    They are called blocks for a reason but they are truly old faithfuls.

4. havasu

havasu In the army now..

You can see the extension mag on the bottom Glock. By the way, I bet there is a great forum dedicated to Glock, isn't there? ;)

Attached Files:

5. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Looks just like mine ;)
    I know not what you speak of. Forum for glocks...... Hmmmmm
    Btw nice group!

6. havasu

havasu In the army now..

My partner (and my G/F's deceased hubby) also had those three in his collection and as a result, I now have two each of them guns. We should start a forum called...

www.glockforum.com/

(Hodge, come in a visit with us over there!)

7. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

We should! What a good idea! Wonder if we'll get a couple members???? ;)
    I second the visit! Come on over :)

8. hodge

hodge New Member

I've already ordered some Pierce +1 extensions. I had no problem holding on to it- my hands are medium sized, but I have a gorilla grip (I can squeeze our bathroom scales to 320 pounds, slowly and repeatedly- I know, you are probably asking why? Young guys at church, wanting to try some feats of strength). That wasn't an issue, and the recoil was fine. But, extra purchase is always helpful, and they don't look like they will compromise my ability to carry. I also thought about others shooting it, like my wife and daughters- the extra grip will be helpful to them.
    As to the Glock forum(s)- I've got enough irons in the fire! rugertalk, sigtalk, xdtalk, multiple tractor forums, henry rifle forum, marlin rifle forum, welding, skid steers, ford truck enthusiasts, can't forget facebook, I know I'm missing something...
    Actually, there are enough members over on Sigtalk who are very familiar with Glocks that any info I might need, I could find there. Or, here. I won't get invested into another forum, no offense to glockforum.

9. Birddogyz

Birddogyz In the army now..

Good choice!
    My EDC is the Gen 3 G27 with the +0 extension. Also a Houge slip on grip.

uploadfromtaptalk1448462154274.jpg

10. hodge

hodge New Member

How does it carry IWB? The only gun that I carry IWB is my 238. Otherwise, it is pretty uncomfortable.
    One of the members on Sigtalk always says "It isn't about comfort", and I know that he is right- it is about concealment and accessibility. But, comfort helps.

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Excellent choice hodge...!!

My Blue Label EDC...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have said this before, I have had some Glocks and was never comfortable with them. The last one I had was a G19, gen 3 and for some reason it just didn't feel right in my hands. I am not a big guy but have long fingers and I find the SR1911 much more to my liking. But it boils down to the reason for having different brands and models: it's what YOU are comfortable with. Granted a Glock is easy to tear down, easier than the SR1911 for concealment, but I have more confidence in my LW Commander than I did with Glocks. And I prefer the .45 cal over the 9mm.

Tommy

13. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Can't beat the simplicity.

Attached Files: