Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
I use different solutions depending on the bullet and its composition.
Copper streaked bores, I still prefer OK Webers Sweets 7.62 to remove copper streaking. The ammonia smell is awful, but the stuff sure works.
For severely leaded up bores and suppressor parts, I'll use the 50/50 dip to remove the leading.
For lightly leaded bores I'll use my design cleaning equipment:

I haven't used a bronze brush on a .22 rimfire bore in over 25 years. The weed whacker line, with a felt plug soaked in EEZOX is all it takes. I may also use a more aggressive green felt cylinder with the EEZOX if the leading is a bit more difficult to remove, or soak the bore with the 50/50 solution with a rubber plug in the breech end.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I use different solutions depending on the bullet and its composition.
Copper streaked bores, I still prefer OK Webers Sweets 7.62 to remove copper streaking. The ammonia smell is awful, but the stuff sure works.
For severely leaded up bores and suppressor parts, I'll use the 50/50 dip to remove the leading.
For lightly leaded bores I'll use my design cleaning equipment:

I haven't used a bronze brush on a .22 rimfire bore in over 25 years. The weed whacker line, with a felt plug soaked in EEZOX is all it takes. I may also use a more aggressive green felt cylinder with the EEZOX if the leading is a bit more difficult to remove, or soak the bore with the 50/50 solution with a rubber plug in the breech end.
That seems like a good system. What is your source for the felt plugs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts