Booolit catch

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by berettabone, Aug 21, 2015.

1. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Anyone here have any experience with the Acreage Bullet Catch??????????????? Thinking about getting one............couldn't post the website for some reason............................

2. DrDenby

DrDenby New Member

I was at the range one time and guy was shooting a silhouette target bigger than that and missed and that was from 20feet.

I think he had bad flinch problems, but things happen, bee sting, sneeze, cramp .

If it's used in the middle of nowhere, I would feel ok. But, trusting it in an urban (or even some suburban) areas is probably a HUGE mistake.

Doc

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  4. berettabone

That's the one...............................................I don't know about other states, but nobody will even take their dozer off the trailer for that kind of money..............................

5. buster40c

Then have about three loads of bank sand hauled in. I paid $18 per yard of bank sand and I hauled a yard at a time on my single axle trailer. Sand is extremely heavy at around 7200+ lbs per yard. Bullets will not go through even a foot of bank sand let alone a 6' deep pile of it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  6. berettabone

My whole property is sand...............................................................

7. buster40c

Well then here is an idea. Build a tower for you to shoot from. That way you will be shooting down into sand. Problem solved.

8. berettabone

It's just, if I was 30 years younger, I'd dig and make a sand pile myself, but those days are over. Heavy equipment in these parts is very expensive. I have a lumber yard right down the road, and that isn't a bad idea. Would kill 2 birds with one stone. A friend of mine has the same telescope that was used to discover the Hale Bopp comet..................we could also use it for the telescope...................not a bad idea at all.:rolleyes::rolleyes: But,when it's really cold in the winter, I can't move a tower or pile of sand, but I can shoot in the pole barn with the catch. I'll have to ponder this one...............

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  9. buster40c

You can build an indoor sand trap real cheap. Some 2x6 and 2x4 with some rubber/plastic truck mud flaps and maybe less than half yard of sand. Really easy to make and it will do the job you want. Make a 2x6 or a 2x12 box frame mounted on 2x4 support legs. Leave the top of the box open and cover front with mudflaps. Rubber actually lasts longer. You can use a steel backing plate on back side of the frame. There is a thread on RT here showing the set up on a you tube video. The video is only using 6" deep sand and it stopped most any bullet.