Blackhawk scope mount

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Longhunter1750, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Longhunter1750

Longhunter1750 New Member

I am looking to scope my Blackhawk Bisley .357 and am looking for a no drill/no tap scope mount. I know about the one available from Weaver but are there any other options. what do those of you who have used the one from Weaver think of it.

2. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

I have a B Square that you remove the rear sight and it has two clamps on the barrel. Right now one is on my 10.5, the other never used. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1398210059.204403.jpg

3. Longhunter1750

Longhunter1750 New Member

I believe I have found one

4. SuperBlackhawkr

SuperBlackhawkr New Member

My experience is that the weaver mount is the very best when it comes to keeping zero and not moving due to recoil. The only bad thing is that the stainless model has been strangely and inexplicably discontinued. I can only guess it is because sales of the stainless mount have declined since the Hunter version with the milled mounts has gained more popularity in recent years. I hate the look of a scope mounted over a barrel though. Just looks so odd to me and I don't like all the extra weight of the entire scope and rings on the barrel. Into the top strap, or a no drill option that uses the existing sight mount like this, is the only one that doesn't look absolutely ridiculous. The great thing is you can take it off and go back to iron sights in minutes and you are back to that classic Old West look without the fugly top rail over the barrel that can't be removed on the Hunter. The weaver no drill mount is the only one that is solid as a rock and never moves (if properly installed). Tried a couple options and the Weaver was the only one that worked for me.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017