Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a huge Ruger fan. In fact all of my guns are Ruger. I was talking with my girlfriend and she showed me her prized possession. A 1973 Ruger colt 45 caliber Blackhawk New Model. This gun hasn’t been fired much in its lifetime and still shoots great. The only thing I noticed it the wood grip has faded color. But the gun itself is in top notch shape.
i was floored when she showed it to me. It was her late husband’s gun. Passed on to her. She even has the gun belt that was bought with it in 1973. So this gun will be 50 years old in 2 years. I was shocked to see it was a Ruger. My favorite gun maker.
i own a 556, .308 gun site scout, PC carbine 9mm and a new 10/23. My pistols are Max 9 semi a Security 9 semi.

·
Registered
86 Posts
There is nothing strange or rare about it. I would not be afraid of shooting it or affecting its value. It would be a different matter for a 1972 model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s just a really cool old gun. Dirty Harry looking thing. I love it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is a first year New Model. Not particularly rare etc. Shott it and enjoy it! You will not hurt the value IMHO. Unless a firearm has had documented rds through competition/training etc. it is very difficult if not impossible to tell how many rounds a firearm has had through it if proper maintenance was performed. People who tell you they can tell, are full of it, IMHO. I have seen firearms with thousands of rounds through them that look great and are mechanically fine. I have also seen others that have been abused, neglected or maintained improperly that show the wear n tear etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts