Black SR1911

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by wrc, Dec 24, 2014.

1. wrc

wrc New Member

Was in gun store today. Saw new SR1911 commander. It was all black ceracote, had night sights, and some form of G10 grip with Ruger logo. The guy said it was from Ruger not a distributor special. I guess that is what is up for sale after shot 2015.

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Its a Talo special called The Night Watchman. Beautiful gun.....

3. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Yes it is! And very attractive for the price.

4. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

5. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

I just bought one of these. It arrived today. It is a beautiful gun. The grips are a little thicker than what I like so I ordered a set of the Blacksilver Dymondwood Grips from Ruger with my 20% discount for new purchase. I am impressed with everything about this gun so far.

6. bikeride4fun

Sounds good Woodstock.....I have the Dymondwood on my SR1911 CMD. If you get a change....put up a pic or two....

7. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

As soon as the new grips show up I'll post a before and after.

8. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

I got the new grips today but I didn't really like the way they looked with the red Ruger emblem so, I proceeded to remove the black ones from the TALO grips and install them in the Dymondwood grips. I like it.

Attached Files:

9. bikeride4fun

One beautiful gun.....looks great....

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I don't think you can go wrong with a SR1911. They have a nice trigger pull will very little take up and the reset is very quick. Accuracy is as good as you can make it. I really think with the 1911 style pistols coming out in larger quantities and desired by more people, Ruger will be able to keep up. Also the price vs. Kimber, Springfield, Dan Wessons and the others that Ruger will increase the price before too long. Demand will exceed the availability. I have shot Rugers for many years and I don't think they build an unacceptable rifle, pistol or shotgun. Bill Ruger made a name for himself and I think he will go down as being one of the premier gun manufacturers around. Only mistake I made was years ago I should have bought a bear cat. Still regret not owning one.
    Tommy

11. wrc

wrc New Member

I just picked mine up. Didn't get the one from the shop I saw it in. Got a better deal ordering it. Night Watchman CMD. Very nice gun. :)

12. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

You know I have been reading this post for a while and decided to look at the Talo Night Watchman and it is one fine looking weapon. I saw where one place had the full size and the Commander. One thing I also noticed was the price. It was jumping all over between $750.00 and $950.00. When ever an new and well built product comes out, the scalpers are there to take you money. I already have the 2 stainless steel models so I have to quit there. I just don't have the money but I envy the guys who are able to buy one. I really enjoy the looks and I'm sure it will fire as well as the 2 stainless models.
    Tommy