Black speak out on 2nd

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by buster40c, Aug 8, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I think it is great the black community is speaking out against gun control. Gun control has no color, it only has control in mind.
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9RABZq5IoaQ[/ame]

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

See, its just the right thing to do,,

Color of skin has nothing to do with wanting to have our rights upheld..

Jim

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

When Abraham Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation, he stated that all men be free. What a lot of people don't know is that the North had almost 20,000 black soldiers who joined their ranks. The south also had black soldiers who fought for their side of the war. Many of the black soldiers were already free and many were blacks who were freed from the Proclamation. Slaves to their masters, who sought freedom and a way of life to sustain their families and rights. Our POTUS seems to think, that due to the color or a mans skin, takes us back to a time when the Civil War was fought. As Martin Luther King stated: I judge a man not by the color of his skin but the content of his character. Perhaps Obama has never heard or paid attention to Mr. King. He has been the most decisive president that we have had since Calvin Coolidge. He has continued to press the black/white issue without knowing all the facts. He has criticized fire departments, police departments, the cities who have tried to obey laws enacted by Congress, and also illegal immigration. I truly believe that his legacy after leaving the white house will be "one of the worst presidents in over 200 yrs". I cannot express my disdain and mistrust for a leader of the (used to be) most powerful country in the world. How can 1 man erode our Constitution over the last 6 yrs. when it has been in place for over 200 yrs? I hope, whomever is elected will go back to our grass roots and accept that the Constitution is the LAW of the land.
    Tommy

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The black folks who spoke in that video covered the subject quite well - and when one of them 'modified' history a little, it was understandable.

By 1820, and in some southern states well before that date, there were more blacks in the population than whites. Dread of a slave uprising was common and deep seated. When the slaves were freed at the end of the war - and then being armed - well, I won't belabor the obvious, except to say that fear is a powerful emotion.