Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Talo had a small run of them a short time ago. Commanded some premium prices. I see them more as coming back in that way - short runs for a distributor. Market for them just isn't large enough compared to their other models.

·
Registered
575 Posts
There are a limited number out there. Yes I have seen and held one personally. My LGS is asking around 950.00 for one. He said the distributor price is very high. He said he didn't ask for another because he doesn't believe they will sell at that price. And naturally, a used one is now not much better.

He said his distributor told him Ruger was using up all the old parts for one last issue. When they are gone, they are gone; they won't be a regular cataloged item again.

I'd really like to bring it home, but it just wasn't that long ago they went for less than a BH. I can't see 950.00. I just don't shoot BP enough to wear out the more affordable colt and remington clones. But then it wasn't that long ago one of those could be had for 100.00. Now you are lucky to find one at 300.00.

And maybe I am just getting old. Too bad the value of money hasn't gone up as much as the value of firearms. Maybe it's good for the investors.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
They have very deep Chambers, Ruger recommends using cornmeal as a filler after a normal charge. I have done this in the past but it stinks when burning. For best accuracy you want the ball within a quarter inch of the front of the chamber at the forcing cone.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Wow. What a find!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well if you don't shoot BP, that's probably not a bad plan. If I were closer, I would be knocking on your door.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
I had a blue one I got back in the 90s in a swap. The owner did not like cleaning it. I used it for a while and I did not like cleaning it. Sold it. My buddy has had a stainless one since back then. He may have fired it once. He has some guns he has never fired. Anyway, that one is still LNiB.

I don't do black powder anymore.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's just not the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts