Bisley 45 colt/acp

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Oldhand, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I bought the 5 inch stainless 45 colt/acp with adjustable sights. This gun is a pleasure to shoot in either cylinder. The price was $720 but I feel this revolver is worth every penny. Just realized the pic is on my home computer, will have to switch.

2. Oldhand

Had to put it as an attachment. Some days you feel like a nut and some days you are!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016

3. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

:) Williams' thing since the contract with Acusport stopped year ago. Have the set here and like 'em although only one of the single cyl .45's get used. ! Oh, it's ummm 5 1/2" ;)

4. Oldhand

What's a 1/2 inch among friends?:cool:

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Rawhide kid,
    Can you use .452 Berry plated bullets in the ACP cylinder or do they have to be .451 lead. I was hoping it would take the Berry plated as that is what I use in my SR1911 and not having to switch over would make it much easier for reloading, as I don't have any place to purchase the lead rounds. Would you please advise?
    Thanks,

Tommy

6. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Good looking wheel gun sir....

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

My tentative 'fix' for this situation in my Blackhawk is to seat the Berry's a little farther back in the case, and to avoid 'warm' loads. This was not ingenious on my part, that is what cartridge makers do to .45 Colt cartridges with .454 lead bullets. Haven't loaded or fired any of these creations, so don't know if 'bullet number six' moves forward in the case enough under recoil to mess things up. It would be good if you test this, Tommy, so I don't have to.

8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Tommy ,
    Can I recommend these bullets to you,
    I have no interest in this company , other than they supply me with some great bullets for reloading , at a very good price. If you haven't tried the coated bullets yet ...you are in for a pleasant surprise.

http://www.bayoubullets.net/categories/hi-tek-supercoat-bullets/45-acp.html

just my 2 cents.

Jim

9. Oldhand

As far as I know, I've never used "berry bullets". I have used copper coated bullets with no problem. I also use lead wheel weight bullets a friend makes without a hitch. I just use the col in my Lyman loading manual. I used to load lead so that a slight amount of lead shoulder was above the case mouth to let it slide up the fed ramp easier. I don't have this concern with the revolver and it doesn't matter with my SR45 either. Hope this is some help.;)

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Gotta love a Bisley frame....

[​IMG]

11. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Oh sure Bob. I will get right on that! Course if I blow my fingers off or screw up one of my Rugers, I am sure that you will fully compensate me for all the damages. Yep, I can see where this is all going. Tell you what I will do, you order the rounds, have them sent to me, (approx. 1K of them) and I will take a good and close look at them and let you know what I think. And then I will get back to you with a full report of my findings along with any occurred expenses that I may have run into. I know that you have a little health problem so that is why you want ME to blow myself up. In fact, send me about a $5K retainer and I will order the bullets and give you a much better report. I will expect the check in the mail within a reasonable amount of time-immediately will do the trick!!

Tommy:booboo:

12. Oldhand

Phideaux; do those bullets you reference require lubing after you get them or does the coating suffice?

13. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

No lube required.

They shoot VERY clean ,and accurate,

I coat my own bullets, and definitely do not lube,

Great bullets.

I reload coated bullets for 45-70 a lot, and load them to jacketed specs, no problem.

Jim

14. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Well jeez. Try to help a guy out with a little super-duper brilliant advice...