Bipod legs, folded to front or rear?

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by Wizzzard, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Wizzzard

Wizzzard New Member

I notice that there is a difference of opinion as how to mount bipods as to legs folded to rear of rifle or the front. As far as I can tell it seems to be pretty evenly divided.

What are different users experiences, your choice and the advantages of each way?

All input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Wizzzard

2. PMACA_MFG

PMACA_MFG In the army now..

Legs folded back, less forward mass.
    Legs forward, they are more out of the way.
    kind of depends on where you mount the bipod, which can be more critical, that and the caliber of the gun, recoil, would be a bit crap to have the bipod collapse when you fire the gun.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The bipods fold toward the muzzle on my guns. That does get them out of the way, but more important it lets me lean into the bipod to steady it before pulling the trigger.

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

PMACA_MFG and Wizzzard it is customary for newcomers to go to Introductions and introduce themselves to all the members. Also PMACA a vendor is not permitted to sell their services or products without being approved by the RT administrators. PM an administrator about becoming an approved vendor.
    We have a very friendly group of members and RT strives to keep the rules followed in order to keep the forum growing due to it being such a friendly as well as informative gun site. We appreciate all members following along helping keep it growing.
    Thanks you for your wanting to join and contribute to RT.
    Buster

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  5. Wizzzard

Wizzzard New Member

Thanks and will do

buster40c,

Thanks for the info, will do so now.

Wizzzard

6. Rado

Rado New Member

A old thread I revived :) but new to me as I never had a Bi pod but will have one Monday or Tuesday!

7. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I fold mine to the front.

Attached Files:

8. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

9. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I always fold mine to the front. That way, when I'm prone, I can sorta push into the stock and 'set' the bipod and it won't fold up on me if that makes sense. Hopes this helps!

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Like I said in post #3.

I don't remember which way the bipod on the BAR folded (I carried it only one day at Camp Drum). I was told that the gun actually krept forward during shooting prone, so folding forward would be the way to go for the BAR too, eh?

11. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

If I'm using one of mine that has a bipod the legs aren't forward or back, they're down. ;) They're not something I use when shooting unsupported. When not in use, they fold rearward so it fits in it's case.

12. Rado

Rado New Member

The forwards have it :) It makes sense to me to have them fold forward. . Bi Pod Should be here tomorrow :)