Bipod Foregrip

Discussion in 'Ruger Mini 14' started by richr, Mar 14, 2016.

1. richr

richr Member

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  2. Gabby

Gabby New Member

I see the seller has several in stock so you don't need to hurry. I like that it has locking lugs for the different heights. I have a cheap one with the twist to lock legs and you have a hard time keeping it steady it keeps wanting to slip. I can't tell you if this bipod is a good one but I'm sure someone else will chime in soon.
    Gabby

3. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture New Member

The Mako that it is based on runs around $100. This could be anything from the chiwanese manufacturer ripping of the original designer/importer. Or, an employee ripping off everybody. Or, another manufacturer making a ripoff of the original.

You never know what quality you're going to get. There are folks on eBay selling magpul ripoffs. They look right, And even the packaging looks right, but are made with a less expensive plastic, and tend to break. People actually send them back to Magpul, when they break, and it is the first they know they have counterfeits.

4. Gabby

Gabby New Member

well now that was helpful! Sort of.
    Maybe what you should do Rich is talk to some of the people who are competing in the events you are interested in and take their advise and go for a quality item not the cheapest you can "get by with", in the long run you will be happier and it will be cheaper as well.
    Gabby

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  5. richr

richr Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1464226994.517575.jpg
    I decided to go with the real deal Fab defense foregrip/bipod. Very happy with the quality. Going to the range Saturday. Got to zero the Bushnell red-dot.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  6. kg4kpg

kg4kpg New Member

Slick bipod. I recommend you move it as far forward as possible. The farther back it is the more the muzzle could move when firing, especially if the stock isn't resting in a sand bag or some kind of support. It's basically a pivot point between the muzzle and your shoulder.

Chris

7. richr

richr Member

Thanks. I've only gotten to the range once with this configuration. I'll have to play with the position of the foregrip. I'm sure you're right about moving it toward the muzzle when using the bipod. When used as foregrip when shooing while standing, I liked it better all the way back. I also remounted the Bushnell Red-Dot to a rail over the action. I didn't like it so far down the barrell. I was worried about the rail or sight blocking or getting dinged by ejected brass, but it didn't happen, so I'm happy with it there.

8. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I have that bipod on my AR. Oops, I mean the AR I use to have before the boat sunk off the California ocean and I lost all my guns. ;)

It is a gadget that I have never used, but again, I don't shoot the AR on a bench top.