Best States For Gun Owners

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by threetango, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Roman45ACP

Roman45ACP New Member

Alright Arizona #1 for gun friendliest state

"They say shoot for the stars, I say shoot for the head" -SPM

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey Im good with KY

Just knowing there are 45 worse .:)

Jim

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Pennsylvania has a second amendment clause written into it's state constitution that pre-dates the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution...

The Pennsylvania Constitution of 1776’s Declaration of Rights stated, “That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state; and as standing armies in the time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; And that the military should be kept under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.”

The Pennsylvania Constitution was drafted in the summer of 1776 and it was adopted in September 1776. Among its principle authors was Benjamin Franklin. The constitution has been described as the “most democratic in America".

The Pennsylvania Constitution of 1790, which is still active today, states: “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”

4. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

My vote would be KY since they out sold Texas in gun sales with only 3.5 million people ...

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

We're 16th which isn't bad I guess :rolleyes:. I thought it would be Higher.

6. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

If we use the National Instant Criminal Background Check System , or NICS, as a proxy for gun sales we see that Kentucky is the runaway leader in gun sales for 2012.

Four states exceeded one million Federal Bureau of Investigation NICS checks; Kentucky, Texas, California and Illinois. Kentucky is the only state to exceed two million background checks.

Background checks are only a proxy measure for gun sales. A buyer may purchase more than one gun through a gun dealer, depending on the local laws, once the background check comes back authorizing the purchase.