Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1022 takedown like added a Nikon 2-7x32 Nikoflex scope and also put in a Tandemkross auto bolt and magazine release.

I'm thinking of purchasing another Takedown and if I do I would like to put a red dot on it. Does anybody have any suggestions for red dots as far as the 10/22 goes? I do need it to be able to fit in the original Takedown bags not the new square ones because I take this on hiking, fishing and other outdoorsy trips.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Two come to mind, The C-More Railway and the Fast Fire III. You can get whatever size dot you want on the C-More. I like a 12 minute. That covers a 3 inch circle at 25 yards. For more precise shooting I like the 3 minute. It's still very bright and will not wash out in the brightest sunlight.

The Fast Fire III is a good sight as well. You can get a 3 or 8 minute dot. I found the dot to starburst instead of staying round but they were durable and very light.

Both of these sights run about $230.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Vortex Venom 3 MOA red dot is the best one out for the money. It is better than the fastfire and you can find them for the same price. Good glass and nice crisp dot. It is very low profile and will easily fit in the TD bag. Also you get the Vortex lifetime VIP warranty, which even covers the electronics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts