Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LC9 absolutely hates any bullets over 115 grains. 124s shoot around 6-10 inches at 25 feet (two handed slow aimed fire without a rest.) 147s sometimes will not group a whole mag under a foot. However even cheap 115 gr. loads like UMC jhp will group 3" or less. I'm using Federal Hi-shok for now, and have used Hornady CD, both group about 3-4". I'm concerned about the terminal performance of those loads. Which 115 do you guys prefer for terminal performance with decent accuracy?

·
Registered
66 Posts
My LC9 shoots about 4 inch groups at 25 feet with most any 115 gr. bullets and 124 gr. don't seem to be noticeably different. For CC use i carry Critical Defense, it performs flawlessly and is vary accurate.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm sure the intrinsic accuracy of the gun is far better than you state. Hard to be accurate with a small, light gun with a long DA style trigger pull. You just have to find what works best in your gun.

Try to find someone with a Ransom Rest to take shooter error out of the equation. If not, focus on a good trigger pull off of a decent bench rest or sand bags. Don

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 115 gr bullets are accurate, its just the heavier ones that don't group well. I would use the Hornady CD round but I've heard a lot of talk that it just isn't very consistent with regards to terminal performance. 115 Gold dots don't shoot well at all either, about 8 inch groups at 25 feet, or I would just use those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts