Besides Ruger's, what else do you own?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by hodge, Oct 20, 2015.

1. hodge

hodge New Member

Simple question. I belong to Sigtalk, and one of the things that I appreciate there is that an appreciation for firearms other than Sig isn't blasted, trolled, or scoffed at. Fact is, there are many good guns out there, and I imagine that most folks have diverse taste.
    Before I purchased my first Ruger (AR-556), I had honed in on Sig Sauer handguns. I am still a fan, and always will be.
    My second Ruger product was my SR1911 lightweight commander. It is a fine gun; I had an issue with slide clearance and some scuffing, but Ruger took care of that very professionally and very quickly. I couldn't be happier with it- it is a fantastic value. My younger daughter (just turned 20) loves it, and wants it for herself. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on it...
    In addition to Sig Sauer and Ruger, I've had Henry rifles- love them- a 1972 Marlin 336C, a Browning 1911-22 that was probably my favorite, an old Iver-Johnson 22 revolver, and a Taurus PT-22. I wouldn't have paid good money for the last two, but both were freebies.

I have a Parker Blackhawk crossbow. My dad has it right now, for deer season.

Next, possibly, in my sights? I am pretty intrigued by the Ruger Precision Rifle, and I would love to get a new Sig Sauer Legion, either 229 or 226. I might hold out until the Legion 226 SAO comes out. Who knows. I've enjoyed the journey, and it is far from over.

Disclaimer- I'm not asking for a running list, prying into your collection, whatever. I am sensitive about publishing online what I currently own- that information may be valuable to someone that I don't want having it. So, that's not where I am going with this post. It is more of a general question- what are your other interests besides Ruger.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. cgor

cgor New Member

I own many guns besides Ruger, I have listed some below.
    Henry 22
    Remington 597
    Weatherby 20 Ga
    Winchester SPX 20 Ga
    Taurus Tracker 22
    Rossi Lever Action 357
    Marlin 22
    The rest of my collection is mainly Rugers, but on my wish list is to eventually get a Sig.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I cant list all the different brands that I own,

But here is a couple Im fond of...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sig 1911 Ultra Carry, my daily ccw,
    and Springfield Range Officer 1911A1.

Jim

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Remington, Winchester, +

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Colt, Sig, Marlin, Mossberg, Kimber, Taurus, Rossi, Heritage, S&W, Remington. I sold off Glock, CZ, Beretta, SA, Winchester, FN 5.7, Uberti, Phoeniz, and Wilson Combat.
    The lists are subject to change at any point of a hair getting where it shouldn't be.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  6. hodge

hodge New Member

I assume that you like your Ultra, since it's your daily carry?
    I had a two-tone, and really liked it. The bug to move on to the next gun hit me, and I sold it to buy an M11-A1. I would take another one, no question.

7. hodge

hodge New Member

I get those hairs- they come more quickly than the money does.
    I will say this- I have made a few horse trades that I regretted on some level, but overall, I have REALLY enjoyed the journey.

8. 6-Oclock

6-Oclock New Member

I own a Phoenix 25 cal., Pietta 1851 44 cal. BP revolver and my Dad's old Remmington Mohawk- 2 & 3/4, 12 ga. besides my LC9s Pro. which is my "go to." The Pietta doesn't require registration and My Dad pass on about 33 yrs. ago... worst comes to worst, these will do.

9. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

Ruger, Colt, Winchester, S&W, Kimber, Weatherby, Remington, Savage, Taurus, North American, Mossberg, Beretta, etc....If I shoot it and like it, it usually ends up in the safe....

10. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Remington, S&W, Beretta, Marlin, Winchester, Rock o la, Pietta, CVA, Anschutz, Uberti, Taurus, Rossi, Henry, Browning, and some home built units, besides the Rugers area among my toy collection.

11. phideaux

The Love of my life...

Pedersoli Sharps ,1874 Quigley, 45-70 gov.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim

12. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

I need to shoot that, I think!

13. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Nothing fancy here...I've had Winchesters, Rugers, a couple Remmies, Mossbergs, and Savage. I have an old Excel .410 that was my grandpa's pest gun. It's not worth a nickel but I'll never part with it.

14. RavenU

RavenU In the army now..

I got a ....... Glock!

15. WizardMaster

WizardMaster SHARPSHOOTER

Where in the heck do you find 45-70 ammunition?? Can you or do you reload yourself? This look like the same 'rounds' seen in gun belts on old westerns that are used in their revolvers. Very nice!

16. phideaux

Hornady Leverevolution 325 gr is plentiful, for $2+ a round.

that's why I reload it. less than a buck a round, and the way I want it..

Love the caliber, its very easy to reload.

The only cowboy I seen carrying this round in a belt was Matthew Quigley.

This round is like 454 on steroids past 100 yrds.:cool:

Jim

17. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

Two of my favorites.

Springer (Loaded) PX9109LP 45 cal w/Wilson combat mag.

[​IMG]

Sig 320 Modular 9mm,40cal,.357

[​IMG]

18. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Show off!!!! ;)

19. phideaux

I just adore 45-70

Heres another brand besides Ruger...

Marlin 1895 GBL in what else..45-70 gov.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim

20. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Love the looks of that Marlin, Jim. I think I would probably scrape all the hide off my thumb when I worked the lever though...