Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are great in my sr 1911 cmdr. 5.0 grns. Wst powder.1.250 coal. Low recoil and accurate.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
These are great in my sr 1911 cmdr. 5.0 grns. Wst powder.1.250 coal. Low recoil and accurate.

I load the 230 gr. Berry's RN with W231, Bullseye, Titegroup and am in the middle of the loading chart. I use 4.6 grn Titegroup, Bullseye is 4.5 grns, and 5.0 grns. of W231. Recoil is similar to Magtech 230grn RN and just a little lighter than Hornady 220 grn. Self defense. Accuracy seems to be the same on all loads however the Titegroup is a little dirtier than the other powders. W231 is a finer grain powder than the rest but loads nicely. Hope this may help you in your recipes. Ihave not tried any lead or smaller Berry bullets in my LW Commander. 230 Berry's RN is all I shoot. COAL is minus 1.255 and generally runs 1.250 depending on casing used.

Tommy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shooting these 185 gr. Hbrn lighter loads has solved my problem of ejecting cases all over the place. Now they go straight out the side and not very far. Also am not noticing as much damage to shell casings. Happy bout this!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts