Been an owner for a week.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Splinter067, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Splinter067

Splinter067 New Member

Hello All!

Been lurking since about last Tuesday feeling the landscape. Last Monday I bought my first gun, the SR9. I looked at a lot of different models, but when the rep at Sportsman's Warehouse put the Ruger in my hands it just felt right.

Anyways, I look forward to interacting with my fellow Ruger owners. Now back to Walking Dead.

2. 0311

0311 Member

Congratulations, and welcome!!! I've thought about getting an SR9 many times, I have the old P95.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to RT. The SR9 is a good gun especially as your first gun. Very accurate and dependable. We love pics here and feel free to interact with the good people here. Read the manual completely so you can enjoy it safely as well as being a better shot with it.

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Congrats and Welcome! We're happy to have you!
    No spoilers please ;) Won't get to watch it for a day or two

5. Splinter067

Splinter067 New Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1427092241.919001.jpg

There's my Ruger with its left handed holster(hard to find a left holster that has room for eventual attachments on the gun) As for the manual, I've practically memorized it in my excitement to finally be able to afford a gun. Question though, and I've read conflicting reports online. Aluminum cased rounds... Go or no go?

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

IMO using aluminum casing rounds are prone to more problems. Also aluminum cases don't usually get reloaded. What I have found is ammo using aluminum casings are almost always cheap ammo. Usually more smoke and dirt associated with this ammo. Also finicky guns often have problems with aluminum casings. MY .02.
    I am also a left hander.

7. Splinter067

Splinter067 New Member

Hmm. I'll consider what you've said. I'm taking the Ruger shooting Sunday so I'll see how the aluminum works for it. I bought two boxes at Walmart last week not even paying attention. So I'll need to use them.

8. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1427153007.148240.jpg

We're glad you're here!

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T !!