Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW I don't see this as a smart move at all. Especially when Christian soldiers are being told what they can or can't do pertaining to practicing their religious beliefs.
IMO the wolf now doesn't even have to put his sheep costume on to get into the flock. HMMM Is this guy one of us or is he an infiltrator? This is another Obomination so I get it now.
http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/turbans-beards-coming-us-army/
I would like to think this is false but it wouldn't surprise me if it is true.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
We just gotta quit saying "man Ive seen everything now"...

This would just be the continuation of degradation of beloved country , and our military.

:puker:

Jim

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
I worked in a chemical plant one time, guys couldn't have beards. We should have sued.

At least some of this is likely just another Obummer :p 'parting shot'!
That guy's trying to throw a wrench in the Trump spokes at every revolution of the wheel.

An American patriot would not want to harm a new administration coming in now would he!
Silly me I said, patriot .. I'm ... about .... to .....:puker: Sorry y'all had to see that.

:GadsdenFlag:

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Pretty soon, the way things are going, we won't even have uniforms or boots. The unit insignia we used to wear will have Lame Brain's picture on it. If that happens then the hell with it, I will re-enlist and wear blue jeans and T-shirts and tell them that my hair and mustache has no bearing upon my allegiance to Uncle Sam. Spit shined boots will no longer be required and we can wear Adidas or Air Jordans for footwear. (can't afford them anyway). And instead of wearing a highly polished brass belt buckle we can use an old clothesline. What the hell can it hurt? When I was in I wore my uniform with pride and distinction and then had to take it off when I got home so I wouldn't be spit on. Man how times have changed!

Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts

Jim

·
Registered
51 Posts
The free will choice is to join or not to join. If you chose to join you chose to obey the rules of conduct, dress, and ethics. You don't like it don't join. I knew many people who got out of CG when beards were taken away. That was the appropriate response if one held a strong conviction or desire to sport a beard.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well now we don't want to offend anyone these days now do we? Every aspect of this country that can be torn down or changed is the main objective of the NWO. They are doing a bang up job trying to get it done.
The USA will be a middle east cesspool if they can manage to get it done.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wow! Never took the opportunity to serve unfortunately . Something always blocked my path in following my interest. But this is just crazy if it is True just like when we go and get our license photos taken we are not allowed to wear hats or other types of clothing but there is the exception made for hijab, burquas, and other articles of clothing. Wonder if I could claim some religious conviction requiring me to wear my cowboy hat for my photo.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I always have huge respect and admiration for those in uniform. I am sorry that those who wore the uniforms would be disrespected if they wore them in public in the country they served. Shoot I respect and admire someone if they have veteran ball cap . Unfortunately our spineless government is once again trying to appease and please rather than maintain a stansard . Thanks to those who served

·
Registered
49 Posts
What on God's green earth is happening? Am I in the twighlight zone? See things happen so slowly and small and work there way up to this. I believe my Grandfather and Father are turning in their Graves.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
What on God's green earth is happening? Am I in the twighlight zone? See things happen so slowly and small and work there way up to this. I believe my Grandfather and Father are turning in their Graves.
" Am I in the twighlight zone"?

^^ Yes, yes you are ^ ^ We all are!
That's how a guy like Trump gets elected...... It's called the Twilight Zone Syndrome. (TZS).

There is a cure. Maybe Trump has it, maybe not. :dunno: We'll soon find out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The thing is, these rules are put there for a reason.

I was always told that a gas mask won't seal with a beard, and that's why they want people to shave. I've never personally tested the theory.

As we know though, there are folks in the military with beards, so what gives?

Anyhow, my problem isn't really with the beards. It's more with people going into the military and thinking they are going to start charging things b/c they know everyone is caving in to political correctness. The military is not the place for political correctness. Honestly, where does it stop?

All of us that join the military understand that there are many sacrifices that we are going to have to make. We understand that it's not Burger King, and we don't get it our way.

It should be no different for Sikhs, Muslims, or whoever. If you want it, you meet their standards and requirements.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I believe that these new Army refs are not In the best interest of soldiers. The idea of uniform from its earliest adoption was to help shape cohesiveness through similarity as well as to distinguish identity on the battlefield.

In an era when the bad guys often wear families similar to ours and have Berra and often wear turbans how is a soldier to distinguish who is who in the fog of war? From experience I can say that there is a good chance of injury or death from friendly fire when any of you fellows look even a bit like the enemy. The expression "fog of war" is very apt. Anyone who has been in ground combat knows that and really can't describe it adequately. You have to experience it to understand it.

The idea of "uniform" in the Marines has been well maintained over the decades since the end of WW II. Before that Marines wore divisional patches on their uniforms. Others wore the French Fouragere, an award for bravery, received by some WW I units. After WW II those practices were stopped. The Corps adopted a policy that all Marine units and Marines were equal and thereafter would maintain absolute uniformity. It still that way today, and I hope it continues. The Corps recruitment policy has been and is that if you want to be a Marine you do it on the Corps terms. No negotiating that.

As a Master Gunnery Sergeant (E9) I had to conform to the same uniform provisions of dress and appearance as a PFC (E2). At their core Marines are the same and their appears symbolizes that. Does that contribute to unit cohesiveness? You can bet your butt that it does. Semper Fi.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^^ You hit the nail right on the head.
IMO This is just another attempt at tearing down every aspect of our country. Out with the old and in with the new. Everybody should be able to have all things their own way. Break it all down till the crumbs are even blown away.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
The expression "fog of war" is very apt. Anyone who has been in ground combat knows that and really can't describe it adequately. You have to experience it to understand it.
Don't be surprised at many of us that never speak of these experiences.

My granpa wouldn't,
My dad wouldn't,
My FIL wouldn't, and my friends from the 60s wont,

Above is the reason.

Jim

·
Registered
551 Posts
allenr: As of 2005 when I left the 5th Marines, we actually still wore the French Fourragere.

Well you learn something new every day. Today is one of my learning days. I knew the 5th and 6th Marines were awarded it but I thought it could only worn at ceremonies.

I served for several years in 8th Marines which also has the 6th Marines. They were awarded the honor too, but I don't recall seeing it worn except at some ceremonies. Maybe my old mind is forgetting.

Thanks for the clarification. I looked up the history of the Fourragere in the Corps just moments ago. It seems that other units were adopting it at some time in the past. When the 'uniform' uniform policy went into effect only the 5th and 6th were allowed to do it because those regiments had actually earned it. I just did not know it was being routinely worn. Thanks for setting me straight.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Don't be surprised at many of us that never speak of these experiences.

My granpa wouldn't,
My dad wouldn't,
My FIL wouldn't, and my friends from the 60s wont,

Above is the reason.

Jim

And I do not either. It is impossible to explain and probably counterproductive to even try to do.

When I speak of the fights I have been in it is only in general terms that relate to what I learned. To get into the details would not benefit anyone and would certainly allow my memories to depress me. Here is what I can say:
WAR SUCKS.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well you learn something new every day. Today is one of my learning days. I knew the 5th and 6th Marines were awarded it but I thought it could only worn at ceremonies.

I served for several years in 8th Marines which also has the 6th Marines. They were awarded the honor too, but I don't recall seeing it worn except at some ceremonies. Maybe my old mind is forgetting.

Thanks for the clarification. I looked up the history of the Fourragere in the Corps just moments ago. It seems that other units were adopting it at some time in the past. When the 'uniform' uniform policy went into effect only the 5th and 6th were allowed to do it because those regiments had actually earned it. I just did not know it was being routinely worn. Thanks for setting me straight.
No problem brother.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts