Batman has left the cave.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Jun 10, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Adam West who played the original Batman on TV has passed away at 88 years old. Another old TV icon actor has gone.
    The TV show Batman had a lot of viewer popularity in spite of it being so hokey in a lot of ways. The show at least was a family show without foul language or script. It had a lot of out of the ordinary type things such as the batmobile and other crime fighting tools. I thought Adam West played the part very well.
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/adam-west-dead-dies-batman-1202461532/

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  2. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Yep, Holy Smokes Batman "POW":D

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Jumpin' Gee Wilikers Batman...!!

R.I.P. Adam West...you will live on in our hearts and minds as the iconic Batman forever...

4. Uncle_Louie

Uncle_Louie 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Turn your TV in on the show next week --- Same Bat time - Same Bat channel! Kerpow!!!!

Tommy

6. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Adam West is the real Batman. Long before Dark Knight and whatever other movies were made, I was watching him battle Burgess Meredith's Penguin on Sunday afternoon reruns. RIP Mr. West.

7. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I just watched a couple of those shows last night,they had the Joker,Batgirl & Catwoman on it. They show it a lot on Me TV along with other oldie shows.

8. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yesterday the movie Geronimo starring Chuck Connors (1962) was on antenna TV.

Adam West played a Union Soldier with a conscience and wanted no part of needlessly killing Indians.

Way to go pre-Batman... R.I.P.