Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blaze, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

I been having a debate lately about which is better ? Bass pro or cabela's.

Help me out and tell me your opinion and why you picked one over another ...

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I usually only go there after I've tried MidwayUSA myself,have no preference of those two.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I have a Cabela's in Hamburg, PA that I visit probably four times a year...sometimes to pick up an item like ammo, or to just look at the amazing displays of big game in their store.

Worth the visit everytime...!!

4. tbspeed1

tbspeed1 New Member

Cabelas in pa is spectacular, they have everything but ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

5. cgor

cgor New Member

Cabelas in Columbus Ohio is great but every once I a while I go to the Mecca of Cabelas in Dundee Michigan

Sent from my iPod touch using Ruger Forum

6. J-Will

J-Will #Merica

Never been to a Cabelas, don't have one around here. But this being the home of Bass Pro, and the fact that I'm there at least once a week, I'd have to go with my favorite store ever... Bass Pro :D

7. dbrown

dbrown New Member

I also go to the Cabela's in Pa. I only like Bass Pro more for their fishing selection.

Sent from my XT907 using Ruger Forum mobile app

8. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I vote Cabela's.

There is a caveat though. Cabela's seems to be geared a bit more toward the northern sportsman. Their selection of cold weather gear and of fall/winter hunting gear is far better IMO. BPS seems to be more for warm weather, and is way better for boating/fishing unless you are headed for Canada...then Cabela's has more of what you'll use up there. So in short, BPS = Southern, Cabela's = Northern.

9. dbrown

dbrown New Member

I totally agree spikedriver.

Sent from my XT907 using Ruger Forum mobile app

10. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Bass Pro Shop for me. Went to Cabellas 2 times in NV and couldn't find a single thing we were looking for. Surprisingly high prices also. Bass Pro Shop usually seems to have something were looking for and not terribly priced unless your talking reloading/ammo etc.
    guess my vote is Bass Pro. Was just there shopping for my hubby's bday present ;) Score once again! :D

11. Blaze

I'm with you. I always find my choice being BP. It seems cabela's our out of stock are don't carry my brand. Plus BP is much bigger in my area.

But then again I would never buy a gun from either

12. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

I'll have a good chance to compare them this coming summer as both stores are due to open then here in Anchorage.

13. Blaze

Luckily I have both now in Louisville area. Both are not as big as others but really BP out does cabela's here ... BP is two stories and customer friendly. More older ppl seem to be at BP for simple reason there are benches every where to sit and look around. They have game rooms, archery range and theater to watch what ever is there. CB in some bigger cities are awesome but I don't understand why they didn't go all out at this new store..

14. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

There line to us kept being "You can look online on Cabellas.com" That's not helpful when I'm in store. I want them to answer my question or tell me when something will be back in stock. There is usually a reason I'm in store like, I want to get my hands on something and see it in person. Of course it's easier to order online in my jammie's ;) lol

Sent from my iPad using Ruger Forum

15. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

We don't have a Bass Pro or Cabela's around here,but there's a Gander Mountain in Ft.Wayne :D. There's also a Freedom Firearms that have a great selection of guns ;).

16. STLmo

STLmo New Member

I have both in my area and prices seem pretty comparable for the things they both have.

It seems like to me, such a question is sort of a moot point.

Whoever has what I need is the best that day, then, though I am becoming less and less of a fan of both.

Sent from my iPad using Ruger Forum

17. buck19

buck19 New Member

Bass pro cause there isn't a cabelas near me

18. Misty1946

Misty1946 New Member

Bass pro

They got it all even my money. Lol

19. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

I shop with Bass Pro because they are a corporate sponsor for the Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America which I am a member of..