Barracuda

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by sirhc, Jan 16, 2015.

1. sirhc

sirhc New Member

Hi all,
    I'm looking at the barracuda for my 10 22. Most reviews are very positive, does anyone have any negative comments on the stock?

I've looked at the other stock options and I'm not interested in most of the other popular stocks. The only other contender is the evolution but I have no Leftys in my home.

Thanks
    Chris

2. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Have 3 here. 2 will be finished soon, the 3rd I'm undecided on exactly what I'm going to use with it. One is from Boyd's, the others from Cousineau.

3. sirhc

sirhc New Member

Hi Blkhawk73,

My situation is that I can get the evolution now or order and wait for a barracuda. I'd prefer the barracuda based on looks. That's not always a smart choice so I'm fishing for info. I'm surprised that there are virtually no negative comments on that stock. Is it really that good?

Thanks
    Chris

4. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Have zero experience with the Evolution. Visually it isn't very appealing me with the ambidextrous "swoopy" styling. I'd heard nothing but good about the Barracuda style and really like the style so tried one (Boyd's manufacturered). Liked it enough that I got two more from Cousineau. Maybe not as finely fitted but the color options were a biggie for me in going with them. With multiple stock makers offering the Barracuda, there must be something there. ;)
    If this basic style appeals to you, check the Revolution Nomad.