Aw c'mon, Bob

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by VThillman, Aug 17, 2016.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Well shucks. My own mind is a mystery to me. Yesterday evening I was playing around on the amazon site - and put a pocket holster for the LCR in my cart. Then this afternoon I remembered doing that — and ordered an LCR from Davidson's. So then I had to go back to amazon and order the holster along with a Hi-Viz sight for the gun. I think I may need a keeper.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

LOL I think that's called getting the horse before the cart. You just said the other day you just might have to get an LCR.
    I just ordered an Xs Standard dot tritium sight for my LCR and should have it Friday. I should have had it today but Amazon dropped the order on the floor I guess. So now they are sending it 2nd day delivery at no added charge to me.
    I really believe you are going to love the LCR trigger. Which LCR did you order, the +P or the 357?

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The .357. Somebody, I think it was you, said the extra weight helps control recoil when shooting .38 Special.

I looked at that tritium sight. A S&W M&P40 I had for awhile had tritium sights, and I thought the front sight was a little hard to pick up - in daylight; small dot, old eyes. Probably irrelevant here, but that was my "logic".

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

No mystery,

Preparedness is a virtue.:)

Jim

5. buster40c

Yes I chose the 357 for a couple reasons. One is the +P is like a feather and 2nd the 357 barrel and frame are made heavier to direct and handle recoil better than the +P. The 357 version I can shoot 38 spl all day long with no discomfort. Possibly not as many in +P and sure as heck not as many in 357. I carry loaded with +P.
    This LCR has been my CC since day one of getting it.
    I looked at the hiviz sight and by the reviews most liked the Xs better. I guess these old eyes will find out about the Xs. To funny how some like this one or that and some liked the big dot where as others didn't like the big dot. Then some like you said they couldn't see the little dot very well. As usual it will be a personal choice.
    I used to use my Talon canted holster owb then I decided to just carry gun only in my front pocket. Then I decided to use the gun in holster in my pocket just as another trigger safety. If my pocket is a little smaller then I just use the gun only in pocket. This gun hides very easily.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I am sure that your mind is a mystery to everybody!!!! You might try the Guiness book of records to see if you qualify.:cryinglaugh:

Tommy----------------gotcha!!!!

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Once you pick a holster it's mandatory to purchase it and a firearm for it. Everybody knows that! ;)

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah. I appreciate your effort to help, guys... but I still think I may be around the bend. Maybe I can blame this condition on The Donald. I've noticed that he's been making more sense to me lately; that can't be right.

:tinfoil:

9. buster40c

I have to say VT you are the first I ever heard buy the holster first. Actually you set in motion in your mind of getting an LCR and your mind just figured you will need a holster also so there you go. See your mind actually is sharper than you give it credit for.

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

My mind is about as sharp as the thumb end of a thumbtack.

The holster and HiViz sight may get to me the same day as the LCR. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to figure out what to do first. If I experience brain lock-up, you won't be hearing from me until my neighbors check on me and slap me out of the funk.

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Went to the Guns&Ammo site to read their review of the LCR .357.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/ruger-lcr-357-review/

I'm getting the impression that I'll be able to handle the Hornady Critical Defense 110 gr. +P rounds well enough. I have some Remington Golden Saber 125 gr. +P to try too. I'm also going to load up some Hornady 140 gr. XTPs to medium warm .38 SPC level. I am prone to anticipating recoil when shooting double action revolvers - by 'pulling down'. Hope to avoid developing that when shooting the LCR by skipping the .357 Mag 'test' altogether.

See? The gun ain't even here yet, and I'm screwing myself into the ground.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  12. buster40c

Yep there is that anticipation pull down.........horse way ahead of the cart again. Put a pipe under the muzzle and if you drop the muzzle you will hear a clink. You will find you can control the trigger so well on the LCR that you can bring it right up and hold just before the breaking point. Then snap the glass breaks.

13. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I am your opposite, bought the gun, looked at the pocket holster, but decided I needed the extra mag more. Will get a pocket holster eventually.:D

14. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

The LCR trigger really is that good. Best revolver trigger I've ever felt!

15. phideaux

Most of you know that my wife has severe RA,

Back when the LCR came out, we went to let her try one ,
    IT IS the only DA revolver that she could pull the trigger on.

She carried it for several years before switching to a KelTec P32,
    The P32 is only 6 oz , I think, The weight of the LCR ,loaded, was causing pain on her shoulder, from the purse strap.

She shot that LCR better than me.

Hey Bob, I think you should go buy a HUGE gun safe,
    Then you'll have a place to put all the guns when you get baround to buying them.:)

Jim

16. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah. I'm using two low-capacity 'secure' gun cabinets as it is. Anyway, I am trying to sell a gun for every one I get. I'll put the S&W 10-8 up for sale soon as I 'approve' the LCR. Don't much want to, but it will turn into a safe queen otherwise.

17. buster40c

I would like to see a pic of the S&W 10-8.
    VT I am like you in that I really don't want any more safe queens. Over the last few years I sold about a dozen of them.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  18. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

OK, Buster. I'll put some pics in the gun photos thread. You will immediately realize that I am not a retired photographer.

19. phideaux

Aw c'mon Bob,

[​IMG]

Don't play coy with us....:rayoff:

Jim