AR556 availability

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by a338566, Feb 11, 2016.

1. a338566

a338566 New Member

Good morning guys, I purchased an AR556 online from the local farm/ranch supply store based in central illinois. They are telling me their shipment did not come in and can't say when it will be in. Is ruger experiencing short supply for this firearm, or is this just a logistics thing? Thank you for your reply.

2. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture New Member

I have the SR556 takedown on back order at the LGS, and the Precision Rifles are hard to get. They have two AR556s on the shelf.

3. Donn

Donn Member

According to the owner of my LGS, deliveries are largely determined by where a particular store is on the food chain, meaning the big box, high volume stores are first in line. So, when your store says they don't know when their shipment will come in, they're playing it straight with you. Good luck.

4. a338566

a338566 New Member

Update, received firearm in Friday. Shot it Sunday. Ran 25 rounds through. I am brand new to the AR platform, so the following may be operator error or normal break in. I had two malfunctions, and the safety basically what I will describe as got stuck in fire position, so I obviously stopped using the firearm. Took it home field stripped it according to manual and cleaned everything up. Cycled action 3 times and the safety was hard to use but feltlikr it was going to work so I pushed it into safe mode. Seems to be working. I will put it through the paces this weekend and hope for better results. I was using new American eagle 5.56 55 grain ammunition

5. a338566

a338566 New Member

Bad news, fired the rifle again tonight and it malfunctioned and I have the issue with the safety stuck in the firing position and the rifle will not fire. I will contact customer service in the morning, less than 30 rounds fired I am sure they will take care of me