AR-556 quad rail question

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by Hurry1996, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Hurry1996

Hurry1996 New Member

Does anyone have a recommendation for a quad rail that fits a Ruger AR-556? Brand, model, etc. Thank you in advance.

2. txshooter39

txshooter39 New Member

Promag makes a decent quadrail.

3. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Here is my Ruger AR 556 with a VMARKMCE extended length hand guard...

Attached Files:

survivaladvisor likes this.
  4. gesystem

gesystem New Member

Hi Hurry1996...If you're looking for a drop-in, no modifications replacement for the standard hand guards, I just purchased a Monstrum Tactical AR-15 Quad Rail Handguard, Carbine Length, Drop-In, Black - the MSRP is $34.95, the regular price is $19.95 (what I paid), and right now, it is on sale for $12.95! It is really well machined, uses 4 allen screws with wrench included, and from the website, "aircraft grade aluminum, both sturdy and lightweight, it weighs in at a mere 12 ounces. It is 6.7 inches in length, 2.5 inches in height, and 2.5 inches in width. The internal diameter is 1.7 inches at its narrowest." And on our AR-556, with the Ruger Delta Ring, installation is a snap - maybe 10 minutes tops. Here's the link to their website - http://monstrumtactical.com/collect...ail-carbine-drop-in-black?variant=15621183235

Be sure to read the reviews - there is one from another AR-556 owner, and he says, "I bought this for my Ruger AR-556, it fit perfect. The quality of the rail seems very good. And for the price you can't go wrong."

I looked at a lot of options on the web and in stores, and never found one that I liked better for this good a price (even on eBay). Hope this helps and good luck.