AR 15 may be on the chopping block

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by phideaux, Jun 14, 2016.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ok...
    most of you guys been around long enough to get the feel for how things are turning.

I been watching really close to all the media reports , chit chat, ranting, and so on, for the last 2-3 days.:mad:

I am convinced that the gun haters will be happier when the AR 15 rifle is removed from the store shelves.

I honestly believe , before this year is over , some kind of State(s) , if not federal laws will be handed down to remove the AR15.

If they have trouble with the gun itself, they for sure will go after the hi-cap mags.

They honestly believe that will solve the problem of Terrorist and Criminals. ( I doubt that they really do, its really about disarming the people)

I'm not a gun expert, by no means, but 99% of the ranters (Hollywood types) are so ignorant and uneducated about guns....they need to get another job.

Get ready folks, AR15s, are under attack.
    (first step towards total weapons ban)

Yeah ,yeah.... call me chicken little...I been called worse.;):)

Dang, I just had to get that out.:rantscream:
    [​IMG]

Jim

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I would just about bet you are right. They had to have a huge killing with the scary AR15 to get people to side with the gun haters. What's so stupid is the shooter had been under FBI watch before and also reports are saying he worked for a mercenary type security company. Reports are also showing he didn't act alone if he even was the trigger man at all.
    Watch the story change as they try to cover what they didn't think people would find out. Google and Facebook are being such a great aid in covering up information from getting to the public from eye witnesses and cell photos.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

This is why it's important to VOTE....

Even if you HATE Trump...VOTE AGAINST HILLARY !!

If she gets to stack the deck in the Supreme Court...all guns will be affected !!

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The ARs aren't the only black rifles out here (duh). If they go down, they won't be alone. We know that, when describing the weapon type that's being banned, the wording is as near all-encompassing as the banners can get away with. The AKs are an obvious inclusion, and probably the Hi-Point carbines. "And others".

5. Floorist

Floorist Old Timer

Hillary and Bernie both think it's an automatic.

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

^^Well that's automatic thinking on their part isn't it?

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Here is the part I don't understand. Lame Brain and Hildebeast stated they want to get the weapons of war out of the hands of the American citizen. They are expounding on the AR-15. Prior to the advent of the AR-15 and the M-14 and M-1 the military used bolt action rifles. The 03 Springfield was used during WWI and part of WW2 until the M-1 went into full production. So in that thinking, do bolt action rifles qualify as weapons of war. How about the slide action shotguns? How about the 1911? Where do they think they can draw the line on what weapon is considered the "weapons of war"? Today during the dismal speech that Lame Brain put to the public, he again stressed the urgency to end the 2nd amendment. He wants to do what the constitution and the bill of rights says. Maybe he hasn't read the 2nd amendment. Neither Lame Brain nor Hildebeast have to worry about personal security as they are surrounded 24 hours a day by secret service. Had Florida had open carry, I personally don't think that as many would have died in Florida if the perpetrator knew he might get knocked off right away. Just MHO is all!

Tommy

8. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

"And others" .... Don't forget 10/22s (detachable magazines) and single shot shotguns that can be "cut down and hidden", an Obama quote.
    "And others" .... It's a never ending list and WE all know it! And there's the problem, WE know it, the non shooting public doesn't.
    I've personally tried and tried to tell some of them I know but :brickwall: it's hopeless. Hollywood knows better than me it seems......

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Hey Tommy, when they came out with L/A rifles, weapons of war too you know.....

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Several countries armed their troops with Rollers. I'm willing to guess that the Prez was thinking of "automatics" - but he could be looking at any or all of the guns commonly referred to as 'home defense' weapons. Hey, if they're good for home defense they must be good for atrocity offense too, eh?

Here's an ugly thought: If a significant number of the Orlando party-goers had been armed, the body count might have been, say, 10 instead of 50. Where's the anti-gun propaganda value in that?

11. phideaux

Took the wife to town shopping today.

Stopped by my LGS, my buddy, that I been buying guns from for many years.

Just looking for something in particular,

but outta curiosity asked where all of his AR assault:rolleyes: rifles are????

He usually has 20 or more on the rack.

Between yesterday , and today ...he sold every AR assault:rolleyes: rifle.

A N D>>> his distributors are all out of them too.:(

Hmmmmmm,

Jim

12. Floorist

Floorist Old Timer

Read tonight, the shooter didn't use an AR15, he had a SIG SAUER MCX.

13. R2D2

R2D2 Member

AND in that lies the problem

14. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

A poster on another forum reported that the Orlando gun wasn't an AR-15. A Sig.

15. phideaux

It was a Sig MCX,

The media, and average non gun owner, wouldn't know the difference anyway.

terror.jpg

Jim

16. SHOOTER13

17. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Stopped at my favorite bait and tackle shop today. They had a MSR on display. I asked about it. Conservation went like this,

How many you got?

Last one.

How many you sold?

Four today, another on layaway. I have six more ordered.

Prices weren't inflated though. $549 for a DPMS Oracle. Seems about right.

Had a conversation with one of my co workers today. Didn't make a convert but I did make a case about misinformation.

You have one of those rifles?

Yes.

How many rounds does it hold?

5, 20, or 30 depending on which magazine I use.

What do you do with it?

Shoot groundhogs lately, target shoot mostly.

Those groundhogs don't have a chance, Brrrrp. (makes machine gun sound).

It's not like that. It only shoots one bullet each time you pull the trigger.

But you can make it into a machine gun.

No I can't.

I went on to explain the GCA of '34, and gun control in general. In the end he admitted that he could see an effect on individual freedom. But I don't think he is about to go out and buy one.

18. SHOOTER13

Just to be Clear:

National Firearms Act ( NFA ) was 1934...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

NFA imposes a statutory excise tax on the manufacture and transfer of certain firearms and mandates the registration of those firearms. The Act was passed shortly after the repeal of Prohibition. The NFA is also referred to as Title II of the Federal firearms laws.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 ("GCA") is Title I.

=============================

Gun Control Act ( GCA ) was 1968...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Control_Act_of_1968

GCA primarily focuses on regulating interstate commerce in firearms by generally prohibiting interstate firearms transfers except among licensed manufacturers, dealers and importers.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 was enhanced in 1993 with the passage of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act. The Brady Act created a background check system which required licensed sellers to inspect the criminal history background of prospective gun purchasers, and the Brady Act created a list of categories of individuals to whom the sale of firearms is prohibited.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  19. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Yep, called it by the wrong name, but I did get the year right:eek:

20. phideaux

Heres why the AR15 is getting such attention..

media guns.jpg

Jim