Apology to Buster !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by harleysarge, Sep 5, 2015.

1. harleysarge

harleysarge harleysarge

Found the category.... hadn't had my coffee when I looked last time. I'm Sarge and I'm from Massachusetts. Retired Army w/ 22yrs and retired JROTC Instructor at a local HS. w/10yrs. Also a Part time Cop in town as well. Right now, I an full time Active Duty Grandpa. w/7 Grand kids.

I have a love for Cars, Trucks, Harleys and Indians, and Guns. (and my wife)

My two Hero's were my Dad and John Wayne. I like Country Music and Doo Wop.

There you have it... I hope your all well and have a fantastic Labor Day weekend.

"God bless the USA, our Troops, and the 2nd Amendment"

Sarge

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining.

I know whatcha mean with all the grandkids...:)

Jim

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Now that is an introduction! I imagine you will have a lot in common with other members. Cars, trucks, guns, the Duke, and even the grandkids you will fit in well here on RT.
    Thanks for joining and taking the time to intro yourself.
    Buster

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

I see you found it ;)
    Welcome and fantastic Intro!
    Your going to fit into this family perfectly! :)

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T Sarge !!

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

There are times when Buster is an old fogy HOWEVER he does a good job at helping with the forum. He's like me, old and cranky but we have earned those rights with our age and he devotes a lot of time to the forum as do Double R, Jim and some of the others. Without their patience (l know with me anyway) and watching our posts, they deserve a lot of credit. Just don't let Buster give you his phone #. I am still waiting so I can order 50,000 rounds of ammo and he keeps giving me BR 549 and some guys keeps trying to sell a junk car. LOL!!!!

Tommy

7. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Lol! Thanks Tommy. :) We appreciate members that support the staff and try and behave ;) See! One big happy family ;) :D
    Again welcome and were so happy to have you :)

8. buster40c

Tommy if you would at least alternate yanking my legs I wouldn't have to walk with a limp. Vt you didn't have to like his post. lol

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Sarge,

Welcome to RugerTalk from the Texas Gulf Coast.

Do you still have an Indian?
    There is a motorcycle pic thread in the off topic section that needs a jump start. (Hint, Hint).
    Come to think of it, VT have you found any of the old m/c pics you got stashed away?

Thanks for joining in Sarge.
    MagnumBlackhawk

10. buster40c

^^^^^^^^^^ We do like pics for sure. We like to ooooh and aaaaaah over them.

11. harleysarge

harleysarge harleysarge

Old Bikes and such

Sorry my Friends, But I do not own an Indian, but I surely do admire the new ones that are now available. But, Harleys I have owned. I've had five of them and quite a few 650cc BSA's, Triumph's and of course a Honda or two when I was younger. I have had the pleasure of owning three Road Kings...I love those bikes. My last one was a 2007.... Bad back and leg forced me to hang up my helmet...(maybe a Trike in my future, maybe)
    If I find some old pics I will gladly submit them to the R/T for you guys to look at. Thanks for the warm welcome and the kind words.

Sarge

12. buster40c

There are some nice trike kits and I think we will see more of them on the road as older riders are going to them.

13. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I like what I have seen of the CanAms. 2 in front wide is a good idea in a 'performance trike'. Those old Harley trikes running a 45 gave a chance for surviving a sharp corner because ____ ___ ____. (fill in the blanks).

14. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yeah, The CanAm trikes are some neat machines and looks like a much safer way to do a trike.
    I rode a Goldwing traditional type trike one time, scary in the turns. BSA's and the old Triumph's, that was the good old days of motorcycles.

Wish I would have taken more pics of the bikes I've owned thru the years. (All rice burners).
    I do have a race pic that's kinda funny, maybe I'll dig it out and post it sometime. :camera:

15. harleysarge

harleysarge harleysarge

trikes and such

Yes, I drove a Harley conversion home for a friend from the dealership and the turns were scary as hell. And the highway speeds (65 +) made switching lanes give me a tightness in my shorts for sure. But I still yearn to cruise those back roads slowly and enjoy those Fall days and summer nights on a bike. That new Indian Trike has real smooth lines. But the price tag on these bikes reaches out past my retirement check somewhat! The
    Road Kings I owned were in the 18k range but these trikes are out past 35k. A bit much for New England's short season... whew ! started talking and couldn't stop.. Sorry guys.

Stay safe, watch your Six ! "God bless the USA and our Troops"

Sarge

16. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

There used to be an informal bikers' club in a nearby town, maybe 10-12 riders. When they went on a weekender, such as to the Laconia races, one of them rode an old 'delivery' bike - a Harley trike with a 45 cu. in. engine and an insulated box in back. Room for several cases of beer, and usually meat for the campfire. Its max cruising speed seemed to be 45-50 mph. Sarge, you ain't the only geezer here who can run on.

17. harleysarge

harleysarge harleysarge

Off Topic Pics

Gentlemen, I tried to download some photos and attempted to start a new Album, hope you guys can find it. Couple of old bikes, a skinnier Me, my
    Girls and my Quad Cab Ram... Hot Damn, life is good. Good Family, Good Friends and great Toys.... and the "Best Damn Country" on earth ! What more can a guy ask for?

Stay safe my friends... and watch your Six !

Sarge

18. buster40c

I saw the thumb pic but hard for me to make out much in pic.
    I don't know if you know it or not but you can post a pic in a reply by clicking go advanced and then click manage pics. Then you can get pics from your pc downloaded to the reply post. You probably already knew that but incase you didn't there it is.

19. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I made the mistake of having my buddy let my wife ride on his Can-Am when he first got it. Biggest mistake of my life!! We both had Harley's and rode together. She had a 1200 Sporter and I had a lowrider. I told her to get her own bike as I was tired of hauling her butt around. Due to health reasons,(my car wreck with my Model A pickup) I had to sell mine so she decided to sell hers because she did not want to ride alone. My buddy brought the Can-Am over and she rode it for about 10 miles. What is nice, if the rear wheel leaves the ground the bike will stop the torque to the rear wheel and won't tip over. She still wants one and I am still fighting that battle. Win the Lotto and you can buy anything you want I told her. Now she also wants an antique tractor!! And she complains about all my cars. It's a loosing battle I tell you.(I have no idea of what she wants a tractor for as our yard is not that big).

Tommy

20. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

That antique tractor - she could use it to move those cars of yours out to the side of the road. Put a sign on 'em "Free - Haul it away".