Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a used Walther/Colt Gold Cup Match 22lr. Comes with a 12 round magazine for a possible 13 rounds with one in the chamber. Haven't shot it yet but watched reviews on internet, anyone here have one or tried it?

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Well, congrats on the new .22,

Ive never owned a 1911 in .22, but have always kept my eye open for a deal on one,
Let us know how she shoots, and what you think of it.

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I've never handled one, but I've seen them around. I understood them to be a good solid gun.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have one of their AR 22s nice solid and adjustable for crap ammo if need be, like it better then the M&P AR 22

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I always wanted a Colt Ace but never took the time or money to buy one. I had heard they weren't the best shooters but I still wanted one. You know what they say: you can see through your behind end better than your eyes. I haven't seen a Colt Ace in years.

Tommy

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I have owned one (Walther/Colt), got it as a trainer/companion for my .45 1911. As a trainer it is useful for controls familiarization. It's quite a bit lighter of course, and mine had a rough trigger with a long pull. Not fussy about ammo. The barrel is fixed, but the field strip procedure is otherwise quite similar to the .45 - except for the strength of the recoil spring. The Walther does not prepare you for the 'sproingability' of the .45 recoil spring. ;)

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses, will find out how she shoots Saturday morning.;) I plan to use it as a trainer for my grandsons.:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought one. $300.00 couldn't pass it up It does not shoot as well as my Mark II's,,, but then what does? It's a good piece. I put the Ivory Ruger grips on it. Looks sharp with white grips.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I always like white grips on blued or black guns; only thing I like better is stag, but can't hardly find them and when I do can't afford them.:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the 22lr Rail Gun. Very fun and enjoyable little shooter. I've had it for around 2 years and have never had any issues with it.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Two of my friends picked up the Ruger Charger. I ran into a used one that was the takedown model at a pawn shop and bought it. Grandkids love to shoot it probably because of the Red Dot I mounted on it.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts