Anyone ordered a magazine from Ruger?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by bikeride4fun, Feb 28, 2013.

1. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

I was wondering if anyone has ordered a magazine from Ruger and how long it took to get? I ordered a 15 round mag for my SR40C at the first of Feb....Just wondering how long the backorders are?........:(

2. bikeride4fun

Gee I guess nobody has....

3. daviscc

daviscc Dave

I have not ordered any magazines, but did order grips for my SR1911 and it's been over a month and nothing yet. I also ordered a cap and that is on it's way after a month. They are really slammed with orders.

4. ScottyShooter

ScottyShooter New Member

I found a 17 rd magazine for my SR9 at KY Imports and a 25rd magazine for my 10/22 at Southern Arms & Tactical. They are out there if you just check around. The price may be a little higher than the Ruger website but they are genuine Ruger product.

5. bikeride4fun

Thanks for the info...I will look on the other sites too.....and wait on Ruger to send the magazine.....never can have to many magazines.....

6. 00b5

00b5 Member

I have a 17 rd mag for my son-in-law's SR9c on order from Ruger. Been about 3 weeks and nothing! I got my 15 rd mag (SR40c) at the store when I got the gun.

7. pokerace

pokerace New Member

got my Ruger mags today,they have been on back order for over a month.
    4 mini mags and a SR9c 10 rounder..I'm a happy camper today. Orded early Jan. Rec late Feb.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

When it ships would all depend on where you are on the list when they become available to ship. Kinda the worst time to be in a hurry for a magazine these last few moths. To me, if extras are such a huge deal, they should've been ordered way before this frenzy. I ordered 3 of the BX-25's back in Dec and got them in Jan. Didn't need 'em but knew I few folks I know probably would so why not. Figured I'd grab a few more after that. Been a few weeks since that order was placed. No hurry at all as they'll just be tossed into the 10/22 magazine box and put back into the closet.
    Have had all the mags I felt I needed for quite some time. Just picked one up no and then. It's never been a quantity thing for me with them so never had the desire then, nor now to stockpile 'em.
    Have patience, they'll arrive when they do. :)

9. bikeride4fun

I am not in a big hurry for it....I just got the SR40C about a month ago and ordered an extra 15 round mag......I just like having extra mags when I go to the range....Thanks for all the feedback guys....

10. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Ahh, so you bought the gun itself during the frenzy. Never been one for most semi-autos, Ruger's included but I do gotta say the SR_c's do have a visual appeal to them. Co-workers son bought the 9mm one and really likes it.

11. bikeride4fun

Buying the gun during the "frenzy" was not that bad...got a great deal on it......to me the worst part about the "frenzy" is all of the ammo horders buying up all the ammo and it being hard to find.....or even worst is the gun shops that have ammo and are gouging on the prices ....

12. ag563

ag563 New Member

I back ordered 3 pmags on 12/22, got them 3/1. Only a little over 9 weeks.

13. bikeride4fun

Thanks for the info ag563....looks like I have about another month to wait...

14. GerryM

GerryM New Member

After seeing this ordering info here, went ahead and ordered 2 22/45 mag's, since I can't find them anywhere else.. they might arrive the same time as the gun, which has been on order for 3 weeks.

15. bikeride4fun

Hang tuff GerryM.....its about all you can do....:)

16. GerryM

GerryM New Member

Agree, bikeride4fun... I have others to shoot and am trying to build up my supply of .22 ammo

17. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

Wanted to order two mags for my 22/45,
    from Ruger,
    and some other stuff.
    But,
    they dont take A/E cards.
    Oh well.

18. GerryM

GerryM New Member

Noticed our range will no longer take A/E cards either... wonder if the up the charge to use them

19. Techpcpro

Techpcpro New Member

While everyone here is discussing "normal" capacity we here in NYS are scrambling to get our hands on any 10 round magazine before the ridicules law goes in effect soon making it impossible to even get a magazine.

I can't move so they got me by the short and curlys.

Keep the fight up with your politicians before they take our laws and consider them in your area.

20. dos0711

dos0711 Ruger Lover

10 round? I thought they passed a 7 round limit...