Anyone having any luck finding 9mm?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by spikedriver, Sep 8, 2013.

1. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

There seems to be no 9mm practice ammo available in the Midwest. I have my SD needs covered for now, and Hornady Critical Defense is on shelves everywhere around here, but WWB, American Eagle, PMC Bronze etc. are impossible to find. I find it real hard to practice with the Hornady at a cost of almost a buck a round. Where is everyone getting their ammo, if they can find it?

2. 00b5

00b5 Member

Try Georgia Arms.com. They sell at all the gun shows out here but also have a web site. 9mm FMJ 115 grain 500 rds $130 plus shipping. Plus it comes in a free ammo box.

3. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

I have been getting most of my 9mm off gunbroker......I just keeping watching it till a decent deal comes up....

4. buildit

buildit Goofy Owner

It's been on the shelves at walmart pretty often in Ohio. I also reload 9mm so I am not buying much anymore. ;)

5. spikedriver

Yeah I'm working on getting started reloading...acquiring the pieces when I can spare the money...

6. gwpercle

gwpercle Member

Things must be tight out there. My daughter needed new tires and the owner of the shop, who knew I was a shooter/reloader, asked her if I would be interested in a 5 gallon bucket of wheel-weights....in exchange for two boxes of 9mm's. Am I interested...yes sir-ree- bob , in a New York second. I told him to save the empties and I would reload them again.
    I was having trouble finding wheel-weights for blood or money.

Gary

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  7. firefox

firefox New Member

For anyone in the upper midwest, dakotas, Minnesota,Iowa or Wisconsin, Fleet farm has been stocking here and there, but when they have it, it goes quick. Fleet farm is a upper Midwest wholesale store, I like to call "The Man's Mall".

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

8. spikedriver

firefox you are correct, Fleet Farm does get 9mm in and it goes out just as fast as it comes in. Here in Iowa I have actually had better luck at Theisen's, which is a similar (but smaller) type of store. They do a great job of keeping Hornady 9mm on the shelves. However it seems to be a little more expensive than Fleet Farm. Not so much more that I wouldn't buy if I really needed it though.

9. JBull

JBull New Member

10. jmlpa

jmlpa New Member

9mm

Try wikiarms, gunbot, ammoseek, these are all search engines. Also here in pa we have a site paofa(pa firearms owners association) look at the ammo forum, under classified there is always some 9mm there for sale.

11. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

Gander Mountain has 350 rounds of 115Gr FMJ Blazer Brass in an ammo case for $119.00 here in TX

Saw 250 round bricks at Cabelas

Finding plenty of RN FMJ 115 gr bullets, but can't find any JHP bullets anywhere. Found a set of 9mm dies finally.

12. spikedriver

OldTexan can you find small pistol primers? That was my biggest problem but I was able to get my hands on 1100 of them recently.

13. spikedriver

Found WWB at Jax for 35$ per 100(!) and got some there but them Mills fleet farm had UMC for 14$ per 50. Strangely, Cabela's in Omaha has had no practice rounds in stock all summer. I've been going there every week and there is none to be had. On the plus side, reloading components are well stocked there. Picked up 500 FMJs and some powder recently. Time to get to the reloading bench and quit worrying about who has ammo in stock

14. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

Primers were hard to find for a while, but now no problem. Powder, brass, and bullets are pretty tight now.

15. chiefafd1

chiefafd1 New Member

9 mm

Try " Lucky Gunner.Com " great customer service.
    :duck:

16. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Bass Pro Shop in Northern CA has 9mm. Saw a decent amount including Critical duty last week.

17. spikedriver

Been able to score 400 rounds of FMJ practice ammo in the last few weeks. 200 WWB, 100 UMC, and 100 Magtech FMJ. Got 'em at LGS in Boone, Iowa, Jax in Ames, Iowa and Mills Fleet Farm in Ankeny. BTW anyone within driving distance of a Fleet Farm needs to go. Not just for ammo but for everything. The place just reeks of testosterone!

18. dbrown

dbrown New Member

An LGS here near me has a decent stock on all calibers and had a decent supply on reloading supplies.

Sent from my XT907 using Ruger Forum mobile app

19. spikedriver

what part of the country are you in DBrown? If we post where we find ammo maybe other members nearby can find it too.

20. dbrown

dbrown New Member

I live in Northeast Pennsylvania.

Sent from my XT907 using Ruger Forum mobile app