Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out a synthetic stock version at the store and it seems pretty nice. Can anyone tell me how theirs does at the range and in the field?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have one shoots nice, with 4x Nikon, good buy at the time and adjustable for smaller family members, also I like the trigger. I'd buy another if need be.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nogoat. I'm trying to decide between Tha American and a CZ rifle. I'd like to get the Ruger but everyone I know who has a CZ says the extra money for the CZ is worth it. Not sure what to do...:mad:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the LR and magnum versions, both with the 22 in. barrel, The LR has a 4x Nikon Prostaff and the magnum has a 4 to 9 Prostaff, they are both accurate and the LR model also works perfect with the BX15 and BX25 magazines. I am completely happy with both, but am considering a CZ .17 HMR for a little variety.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the CZ Lux along with a pile of 10/22's. The CZ is an awesome gun that is crazy accurate and very well built. The 10/22's are great little guns that I feel are built well also, but they aren't as accurate. It really boils down to what you want. If you want to sit down at a bench and put five shots in a dime sized group at 50 yards, the CZ is definitely your gun. If you want a fun semi-auto that you can customize to your taste, a 10/22 can't be beat. I like them both equally for the purposes they serve

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like maybe the CZ is what I'm looking for. I want a .22 that is accurate enough to head shoot squirrels.

The CZ is definitely a gun that can do that straight from the box. I'd recommend getting your hands on several different types of ammo to see what patterns best for your gun (once you get it of course). I found that my gun really prefers the SK ammo and that 1/3" five shot groups at 50 yards were pretty typical if I could do my part. Once you find the ammo, buy you a bulk pile of it and you'll bet all set.

A 10/22 can be set up to shoot quite accurately, but you'll have to replace almost every part to get in the accuracy range of the stock CZ. I've yet to see a modified 10/22 that shoots as well as a stock CZ. Not saying that they don't exist, I just haven't seen one.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've been looking at one of these to replace my son's Cricket 22WM that he's outgrown, I'm not sure I'm ready for him to have a semi-auto yet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts