Anybody Here Collect .22 Rimfire Ammunition?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by SGW Gunsmith, Mar 11, 2019.

1. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Since I was a young boy, and was shooting on a VFW .22 rifle team, for some reason I decided to keep at least one box of 50 rounds from each brick of 500 that I saved up to purchase. During the years I accumulated quite a few neat full boxes of .22 rimfire ammunition:
    [​IMG]
    Do any of you collect .22 rimfire ammunition? Show those if you can provide pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Good amount of old ammo.

3. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Very cool collection!

4. armbruse

armbruse Member

Great looking collection

5. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

That's pretty cool. When I was a kid my pops had a bunch of old .22 around but I shot it all up. He also had a jar with loose .22 in it. It was a mix of everything under the sun. I sent all of it down the barrel of his old bolt action Mossberg target rifle. One of the great benefits of that gun was the ability to shoot any kind of ammo I could scrounge...

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  6. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

I had to lock my collection up or one my older brothers would have sold it to buy cigarettes. My Uncle Bill had some 50 BMG ammo cans that I kept my .22 rimfire stuff in after I fashioned a hasp for a padlock.

7. Carl Crosby

Carl Crosby Member

I collect it, but then shoot it all up! but...that is a nice collection you have there! :)