Any suppressor experience with Mark-semis?

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by MemphisJim1, Oct 13, 2015.

1. MemphisJim1

MemphisJim1 New Member

In the last few months voices inside my head are telling me that maybe I'd like a suppressor for one of my rimfire pistols. Two years ago in Birmingham a fellow let me shoot his Mark II with integral suppressor. Since then I've bought and moved into a semi-rural home on an acre-and-a-half that abuts two large undeveloped and wooded tracts to the east and north. South and west of me are homes in this subdivision so obviously my firing lanes are toward the wooded areas, The neighborhood is blessed with a variety of critters (raccoons, oppossums, skunks, armadillos and some other so-far unseen miscreants) that seem to regard my wife's garden as a commissary-restaurant. We're in the county, rather than a city or town, so the only limit on shooting is "be safe." I've been looking around the 'net and find a variety of people willing to convert my MkII 22/45 to integrally suppressed. Anyone have any experience, tips, advice they'd care to share? (Of course, I'd go through the required tax stamp hoops, etc.)

2. AndyRexia

AndyRexia Member

I would suggest making sure the suppressor is serviceable.