Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people like Rifles,I like Black Shotguns.
I own four as of now,think i'm going to be adding soon.:D

Mossberg 500 12 Ga. Pistol Grip Pump,I just added the ATI folding stock two weeks ago.

Savage Stevens 320 12 Ga. Pump Shotgun.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I like shotguns! I've only got two right now. Same as the two above^^
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1470374819.596186.jpg
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1470374841.618902.jpg
Different variations, but same.
On the Stevens I painted it Coyote brown.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
I like shotguns, have mostly single shots, a couple of side by sides, a Model 1, a Winchester lever action clone, and a couple of H&R Parder Pumps.

I had bought a Remington 870 express specifically for a hunt I was going on but it wouldn't function. I could of probably fixed it by polishing the chamber, but did not have the tme. I replaced it with the H&R pardner pump because 1, it was available and 2, it was cheap. I liked the Pardner so well, I went out and bought the protector version of it. The Pardners and PW87 lever action are what I shoot most often now.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I am not into shotguns at all,

I just don't shoot them, reload for them , hunt with them, or particulary like them.

These are just a few Ive accumulated along the road of life.

100_3710_zps59474ad5 - Copy.jpg

100_3716_zps5d3f32a5 - Copy.jpg

100_3718_zpsf0227329 - Copy.jpg

hr 12 ga 2.jpg

VEPR.jpg

wifes 12ga.jpg

100_5938.jpg

100_5941.jpg

Jim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I'm not into shotguns as much as rifles and handguns but I do like them,just don't have much use for them except for rabbit hunting. All I have is a Mossberg Model 500. I am on helping Mrs. Squirrelhunter get 1 along with a rifle and handgun in the near future if possible. She like guns too and wants to go hunting with me but wants her own guns which I agree with. She needs some that fit her.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ifithitu

When you said your 870 had problems possible ejection.any shells with
Steel heads won.t work in my 870 or semi auto Brass is great.
Thanks 22shooter

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I have always enjoyed shotguns as I used to do a lot of upland game and waterfowl hunting. I still have a Browning Citori 12ga. and a 870 left. For years I enjoyed collecting doubles, especially o/u's. Had quite a few of them and some side by sides. The finest shotgun I had ever had in my hands was a Parker 20ga. owned by Frank Pachmayr and that was donated to Ducks Unlimited. They had a raffle on it and I bought a hundred bucks worth of tickets. I still have the tickets should anybody be interested in them, and no shotgun. Guess it wasn't my turn to win. I also had a few when it came to trap shooting and my favorite gun then was the BT99. I had to sell a bunch of them in a nasty divorce. One of my favorities was a Browning Citori o/u .410 and I never got a chance to shoot it. NIB and I bought it to go quail hunting with a buddy in Alabama but the year we planned our hunt he got killed in an auto accident. Still wish I had that gun, just for memories sake.

Tommy

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
As a boy I hunted with a few single shots, possibly sold by furniture companies. In my 40's I bought a Winchester 20ga. 1400 pump - that had a shot pattern resembling a /, only laying over more.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I love a good shotgun. "Good" to me means old school. I've got a Winchester 1200, which is a modern stamped metal and cheap wood gun. It works, but it doesn't have anywhere near the "feel" of my old, sadly now inoperative, Remington model 10. Model 12, Ithaca 37, those guns float my boat. I could care less about an 870 or Mossie 500. Old guns are far better.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Both the Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 are thee most proliferate manufactured shotguns on the planet...and both can be fitted with wood furniture if ordered thusly.

Well...Everyone has their opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts