Any reason not to buy?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by monsterdawg, Jul 13, 2014.

1. monsterdawg

monsterdawg New Member

Unless someone who owns/has owned one talks me out of it, I am buying an SR9c this week. Any reason not to? My other option is a G17, just can't shoot the G19 well. Any input will be appreciated.

2. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

I have owned a Ruger SR9c for about 2 years now. I am very happy with it. I might add that I pocket carry this pistol, with no trouble. It fits me better than any Glock that I have shot.

This thing has functioned well with any of the different types of ammo that I have tried. I don't think that you could buy a better pistol for the same money.

Just my not so humble opinion :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014

3. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

I've got a 1,000+ rounds through mine and have never had a glitch.....It even seems to get more accurate. I think it's just me getting really comfortable with it.:D

The only issue I have had was the rather loose grip extension on the 17 round magazine. I fixed that with a threaded insert and a small set screw. The grip now feels solid and firm.

I kicked around the Ruger vs Glock and the SR9C won out on comvortable feel and better accuracy than the Glocks I tried.

It cycles anything I've run through it. Lately I'm shooting lead handloaded round nose and wadcutters at the range. No issues.

4. refugee

refugee New Member

try it you'll like it. mine is mucho fun and completely reliable. I was printing an 8X10 sheet of paper with the little snot last year at 50 yards. could hardly see that far but the little pistol just kept on making me look good. no issues to report at all on the bad side.

5. TxLobo

TxLobo New Member

wouldn't try to talk you out of it..

I've had mine almost a year now..

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I have the SR40C and I used it as my CC gun till I got my LCR. I had an XDM 3.8 40c and also Glock27. I liked the trigger much better, accuracy was better for me and recoil was better with the Ruger SR40C. I have sold the others and kept the Ruger. I just liked it that much more. About $150 less cost also. I paid $405 + tax for my SR40C and at that time the SR9c was same price.

7. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Awesome guns.....you will be very pleased.....

8. monsterdawg

monsterdawg New Member

I shot the SR9c, G17, M&P, XD9, and an H&K yesterday.
    The SR9c had the best trigget, but that was it. I liked the G17 best and XD9 next. Gonna try the SR9 full size today. I don't want to like Glock, but so far it fits me best. Hope I like the SR9 better. The SR9c is such a good looking gun, but I do not shoot it well. Hated the M&P trigger, the XD9 is nice, but very snappy. H&K kinda meh.
    Wish me luck with the SR9 because Glock fanboys get on my nerves and I am wanting to like the Ruger better!

9. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Any report monster ?

10. monsterdawg

monsterdawg New Member

Shot the SR9, G17, SR9c again, G19 and a Sig something or other and still like the G17. I guess it fits my hand best? Kinda caught off guard. Not what I was expecting, but being able to rent them, try one, get another, then go back and forth over and over is the way to determine what works best for an individual. 550 rounds in 2 days trying them out!

11. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

If a matter of how it fits your hand, have you reversed the backstrap on the grip of the SR9's? The minor difference bigger or smaller can make a big difference in feel....

12. monsterdawg

monsterdawg New Member

Yeah, one of the employees did all that for me. Didn't help. Maybe it is te angle or something, I don't know. Still have my LCP, still a Ruger owner!

13. monsterdawg

monsterdawg New Member

Broke down and bought a G17 today. Still have my LCP, so hopefully I can stick around here!

14. refugee

refugee New Member

that's it. your grounded. go to your room.

15. annoyinglylongname

annoyinglylongname New Member

I had both a glock 17 and a 19. Now I have Sr9 and Sr9c. Better ergonomics, I always felt like I was trying to hold onto a 2x4 with the Glocks and the Sr9's feel quite 1911ish in my hands

16. refugee

refugee New Member

exactly. point very naturally and just plain fit. Glock makes really good pistols that feel like a concrete block in my hand. the SR series is much more to my satisfaction.

17. Myakka-Vice

Myakka-Vice New Member

Kind of surprised you compared a full size glock to a sub-compact Ruger, but it's your purchase. Just my opinion here, but Rugers impress me as pistols that are meant to be left exactly as they left the factory, Glock products seem more accepting of aftermarket stuff (if your into that).

I just like the SR9 for the safetys, I know, lot's of folks don't like safteys of any type, but for a carry gun I like them.