Any heat related problems with 22/45 Lite?

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by jmohme, Jan 10, 2015.

1. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

The black 22/45 Lite has been dropped and now only the Cobalt and then new blue anodized model are listed.
    At first I thought that that was a shame. I think the black version looks a lot better than either the swiss cheese Cobalt, or the new blue anodized Lite.
    But then I realized that both of the available versions have the actual barrel open to air, so now I am wondering if there have been some sort of overheating issues with the older non ventilated versions of this gun?

My original Gold LIte has performed flawlessly, has anyone else seen problems that may have been heat related?

2. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

No responses here, but I did post the same question on some other forums and did get some answers.

It appears that the earlier, non vented Lite's have experienced heat related leading problems when subjected to a lot of rapid firing.

Is the ventilated barrel on the most recent versions of the Lite Ruger's response to this, or just intended to be cosmetic?
    I guess only the engineers at Ruger can answer that.

3. annoyinglylongname

annoyinglylongname New Member

I just sent mine back and they replaced the barrel and the sear- they must have had some issues but they ain't telling tales out of school- I still get ftf and fte issues after a trip back to ruger- next step is a volquartsen transplant to right all the ills the mk iii redesign made to perfection