Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a SR1911 CMD, 10% off today (saved $70).
Already had the full size, had to get the commander too.
Rural King has 10% off all guns in stock, thru Saturday. :machinegun:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Got a lc9s pro for $299. Pick it up on Monday. They tried to deliver today but my LGS was closed

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
I bought a $200 miter box stand for $59. I know it is not gun related but maybe I could now build something that I could sell, thus allowing me to buy another gun? ;)

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I bought a box of .45 rounds, RN 230grn for $25.00 which they said was on sale. I hate paying those high prices but I had no factory ammo on hand in case I needed some. I was the only guy there, so much for Black Friday.

Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I found a gun cabinet for $80 at Dick's Sporting black Friday sale that sells at other stores anywhere from $99 to $150. I checked at lumber yard to see how much it would cost me to build it myself out of wood. Nope it was not cost effective so I bought the cabinet from Dick's.

So I got up this morning and walked the dogs then off to Dick's for my cabinet. On the way there I was stopped at a red light and to my right was a gun dealer I had not noticed before. Anyway I said I will stop there on the way back from Dick's.

Geeze! Dick's is a huge store and employees all over the place ready to help everyone. I got the cabinet and the employee rolled it out and loaded it into my p/up. Very friendly youngster helped me. I decided not to go back inside with this cabinet laying in my truck. I figured I don't need to buy anything else anyway and got out of there before spending any more money. Geeze that store is humongous!

So on the way back home I stop at the gun store and parked right in front of the door where I could keep an eye on truck. I got talking with this youngster about guns and he said they still have guns on sale from Black Friday. We got talking about the LCR and how I liked it so much. He said they had the Ruger LC9s on sale for $279 and with tax was $302.02 out the door.

So we got talking about the LC9s and how Ruger improved the trigger over the original LC9.
I asked to see the gun and he quickly brought one to me. He made sure the gun was clear and said here try the trigger. Oh yeah like "here hold this puppy for a minute". Isn't it so cute and feels so good in your hands? That trigger is really nice isn't it? LOL

The trigger was really smooth with a light pull. I thought this sure feels good in my hand and is nice and compact yet not tiny. LOL I got to thinking how easy it would fit into a shoulder or pocket holster. Oh crap those gears were turning and no noise coming from them either. Yeah you know where this is going!

He again said they were having a big sale and were selling them under dealer cost just to turn merchandise. Again #302 out the door. I remembered CDNN had them on sale for $300 plus freight, plus FFL , plus taxes so that totaled to around $396.

Sooooooooooo.... I said I will take it and wham bam the forms were being filled out. You know since I got the cabinet to get the long guns out of the safe that left a lot of room and you know that just had to be filled.

Now these two guns will be the last guns I buy..........yeah right.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
LOL I stay at home and still spend money.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
ag563,

You are going to enjoy the commander you bought. I have the full size, commander and light weight commander which is my EDC. There is a weight difference between the commander and the LW but it still makes a good every day/self defense weapon.
My trigger is a bit gritty on the commander however I have not done a trigger job on it yet. I haven't even put 500 rounds through it but after 1K rounds, I will have a trigger job done on it. Recoil on the commander is less than the LW but it is still a good shooter and I have no regrets. I use my LW as my EDC and shoot about 150 rounds through it every Sunday. The other thing I change is I always use Pachmyr grips as I have long fingers and it does soak up some of the recoil. A little tougher to do double taps so I always practice doing that. I think you are going to enjoy it. Good luck!

Tommy

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Letting Buster into a gun store is the equivalent of letting Dracula into a blood bank. Oh jeeeeeez, just one more bite

:cryinglaugh::Trophy2:

Tommy**************YANK************************YANK*********************YANK!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I keep hearing the dollar is going to be worthless soon so I figure use them up while I can buy something with them. I have to justify buying guns I don't need somehow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts