Any body have problems with security six accuracy

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by cbab, Apr 1, 2018.

1. cbab

cbab New Member

I just purchased a security six with adjustable rear sight and had to adjust it what seemed like an excessive amount to get it straight

2. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I have several Security-Six revolvers and they are all very accurate. Perhaps the previous owner "adjusted" the rear sight?

3. cbab

cbab New Member

when the rear sight is adjusted to the center it shoots about 6 to 7 inches to the right

4. cbab

cbab New Member

5. boatme99

boatme99 Member

I've had two, both 2 3/4" barrel, and both have been dead nuts on.
    My first was purchased new in the early 80s and didn't need any adjusting from the factory.
    The second one, bought used a few years ago, just needed a tweak for my eyes. DSCN0406.JPG
    Perhaps one of the sights was slightly banged in the guns life or replaced by a previous owner.
    If you don't have the tools to bench fire it, it would be worth it to take it to a Smith to check it out.
    The Security Six is an exceptional revolver. Get the sights checked and you'll love it!

6. cbab

cbab New Member

ya i think i will take it and have it checked out. It shoots good now when it’s adjusted out. I’m just stressing over it since it the first time i’ve ever bought a used pistol

7. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Hope things get resolved quickly and you're back shooting your Security Six soon. I enjoy mine every chance I can.

upload_2018-4-3_15-36-21.png

8. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

In you picture it appears your barrel is misaligned. I would contact Ruger and send it for repair.