Another Scope ?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Rado, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Rado

Rado New Member

I have searched and got some info! Looking at scopes for my 10/22. Picked up a Bushnell 4x40mm and it is not real clear on target! so checking out others you have used! Simmons seem to have happy campers as does Nikons. BSA seems to have mixed reviews! Prefer to stay under 100$ alittle less the better, DO NOT want a 300$ scope on a 200$ rifle lol
    So what do you use? Likes dis likes etc

Thanks Rich

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I use a Bushnell Banner 3-9 x40mm on my rifles. Seems to work just fine. Picked mine up for just under $100.

4. Rado

Rado New Member

Thanks for the replies

5. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Don't overlook the Pawn Shops, you can save a bunch on a used scope. don't forget the Redfield scopes as they are part of Leopold now ands have a lifetime warranty.:Cooltu:

6. Rado

Rado New Member

Good idea Thanks there are a few Pawn Shops around her I want to look at for a 9mm rifle :) These will be retirement gifts for me from me lol

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear New Member

Nikko Sterling is a sleeper among scopes. The adjustments, tracking, side focus, and it's pretty clear for what it is. I've got 1 on 1 of my 10/22s and have actually won a few matches with it sitting on my rifle against other guys that their scopes not only cost more than my whole setup, but they cost more than I've bought cars & trucks for in the past. In optics, there's no free ride but cropermise less than with others. Of course Nikon Prostaff is about the most inexpensive I'd trust with my life lol.

8. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Scheels Icon rim fire 4x is outstanding. Great optics and a very fine crosshair, etched on the glass. For 90 bucks I think it's better than a lot of 150 to 200 dollar scopes.