Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone-

I'm a relative new-be to handguns from central Iowa. I grew up on a farm where we had shotguns and rifles, but I'd never been around handguns much. Enter two son-in-laws that are gun handgun owners. One is an enthusiast, the other is in law enforcement. It only took them once taking me to the range and I was hooked. That was a little over a year ago, and since then, I've acquired a few of my own. One Sig, one S&W, and the rest have been Rugers. What can I say, I just like the way they're built. Also, I'm a revolver fan. There's something about the simple functioning of a revolver that my mechanical side really appreciates. Anyway, I've already posted once and gotten a bunch of responses, so I appreciate the feedback, and look forward to reading more about Rugers from folks that own them.

Thanks for being so welcoming.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk , from West Ky,

Thanks for the introduction.

Jim

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
For real, Mon! Good intro. As a gentle reminder, we love pictures!
I'm like you on revolver vs auto. I bought my first auto almost a year ago, and I've bought another since.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
:welcome:

Welcome to RugerTalk!
Enjoy the forum

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The more you participate the more you will enjoy it here. We do kid around with each other all in good fun.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome From the Nation of Texas.

Yeah, revolvers are hard to beat. I've never had one stovepipe yet.
Buster, Kidding around? Who me... :dunno:

:usa:

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Blluenos diaz compadre!!!!!!! Welcome to the forum from deep south Texas. Revolvers? I cut my teeth on my dad's S&W Mod. 28 Highway Patrolman. His duty gun in .357. Literally, cause he use to hang the gun in a Sam Browne rig on the end of my crib. I started sneanking it off to a range in Jr. High with all the ammo I foundin drawers and ash trays. My first handgun was a Super BlkHk..

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Welcome from Tucson, Az. Got my first handgun, (a Ruger Bearcat) at 10 years old. Have been a Ruger Fan ever since.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts