Another Ruger fan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by berippke, Feb 13, 2017.

1. berippke

berippke New Member

Hello everyone-

I'm a relative new-be to handguns from central Iowa. I grew up on a farm where we had shotguns and rifles, but I'd never been around handguns much. Enter two son-in-laws that are gun handgun owners. One is an enthusiast, the other is in law enforcement. It only took them once taking me to the range and I was hooked. That was a little over a year ago, and since then, I've acquired a few of my own. One Sig, one S&W, and the rest have been Rugers. What can I say, I just like the way they're built. Also, I'm a revolver fan. There's something about the simple functioning of a revolver that my mechanical side really appreciates. Anyway, I've already posted once and gotten a bunch of responses, so I appreciate the feedback, and look forward to reading more about Rugers from folks that own them.

Thanks for being so welcoming.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk , from West Ky,

Thanks for the introduction.

Jim

3. gumpy

gumpy New Member

For real, Mon! Good intro. As a gentle reminder, we love pictures!
    I'm like you on revolver vs auto. I bought my first auto almost a year ago, and I've bought another since.

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

:welcome:

Welcome to RugerTalk!
    Enjoy the forum

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. The more you participate the more you will enjoy it here. We do kid around with each other all in good fun.

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome From the Nation of Texas.

Yeah, revolvers are hard to beat. I've never had one stovepipe yet.
    Buster, Kidding around? Who me... :dunno:

:usa:

7. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Blluenos diaz compadre!!!!!!! Welcome to the forum from deep south Texas. Revolvers? I cut my teeth on my dad's S&W Mod. 28 Highway Patrolman. His duty gun in .357. Literally, cause he use to hang the gun in a Sam Browne rig on the end of my crib. I started sneanking it off to a range in Jr. High with all the ammo I foundin drawers and ash trays. My first handgun was a Super BlkHk..

8. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome to the forum!
    We're happy you've joined us :)

9. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome from Tucson, Az. Got my first handgun, (a Ruger Bearcat) at 10 years old. Have been a Ruger Fan ever since.:D