Another New One

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 1ifbyland, Jan 31, 2017.

1. 1ifbyland

1ifbyland New Member

Hello! I signed in during the "wee hours" of the morning a few days ago while researching the Ruger Mini 14. I'm a retired police guy "has been" who got a nice job in a local gun shop. I also work as a Range Safety Officer, and love shooting, which has always been a great stress reducer in winter when I can't ride my Motorcycle. (I'm located in the Midwestern USA). I work in a Hilton Hotel brand property a few days a week, where I keep the coffee bar fresh and floors clean and drive the airport shuttle, fold towels, whatever they need-I do! Although I am prohibited at the hotel, when I'm off, I do carry concealed and open depending on circumstances, and am a STRONG supporter of our Constitutional rights. I served 12 years-4 active and the rest in the Air Guard, and the stars and stripes fly night and day just outside my window. Enough about me!
    I just got my new "Galco Speed Paddle Holster" (right hand- black) #SPD 300B for my .357 LCR. I've had it on all day and it is by far THE most comfortable holster I own! I highly recommend it! It is outside the waist band, is a bit higher rise, and supports the weapon in-close with a nice feel. The cylinder is just forward and inside of my elbow joint, and just plain feels good! It has a firm hold of the LCR, and yet It allows a sweet, smooth draw. Under a sweater, it is barely discernible. I have the black one. The leather, stitching, fit, and finish are very good. Kudos to Galco for this one at $64.72 to my door. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1485915761.702833.jpg

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to RugerTalk!

:welcome:

I've got my eye an an LCR......

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Welcome 1if. I like the holster, it does let the gun ride high.

4. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Welcome from Hollywood Alabama! Nice, accessible holster.

5. CD74

CD74 New Member

Nice looking holster. I like that.

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I also have an LCR357 and if I use a holster I use a Talon canted holster that fits the LCR very well. It rides sort of high like yours and yes it covers easily.
    Sounds like you have enough to keep you busy and from getting bored in your retirement.
    LOL On getting the mini 14. Yep I find if I start looking at a gun and checking prices I will end up buying it. Sounds like you are on the same page.
    Let us see some pics of the gun and the target from your range trip.

7. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Welcome to RT. The Galco and the LCR make a nice rig.

8. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum, glad to have your experience to draw from.:cool:

9. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

Welcome to R.T.

10. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas. :tiphat:
    I like to welcome new members in a timely manner. Somehow I missed your introduction thread.
    Anyway, glad to have you here with us at R/T . :welcome:
    In the area where I live we can pretty much ride year round. Like today, it was about 80 degrees...
    FYI, we have a motorcycle pic thread in case you'd like to post a pic or two.

:usa:

11. spikedriver

^^^ Quit bragging about your 80 degree temps, Mag...Midwesterners like 1if and me might get offended:D

12. buster40c

^ Don't be bragging how much fun riding your snowmobile is because we lonestars might felt left out of the fun.
    BTW I just had a T-shirt on today so I wouldn't start sweating.

13. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

^^ That's Right, You tell him buster...
    Now go put some pants on with that T-shirt. :cheesy:

:usa:

14. kahoolawe

kahoolawe New Member

I hear ya! It was 87 today. I was actually sweating outside working on my car. 87 in February. Geez.
    86 yesterday.

15. buster40c

Looks like the Farmers Almanac gave a good prediction for this winter. It isn't often we see these warm temperatures in Feb. It is usually more like 45-55 in Feb.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  16. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Haha. Ha. Still freezing here. And snowing. 3 feet in the ground. Going to switch to freezing rain early tomorrow. Then rain. Then more snow.
    Yay

17. spikedriver

You Texans...Now I know why my elderly parents (who are proud owners of a couple Rugers, BTW...) spend their winters in the Rio Valley. Pops called the other day and gleefully told me it was 85 and sunny down there. Then he said I needed to hunker down because the Weather Channel told him a winter storm was coming at me. I know the Bible says to honor your parents but next time he does that I'm liable to break a couple Commandments...

18. buster40c

All my two pair of pants were drying on the clothes line since it was so warm out.

19. kahoolawe

kahoolawe New Member

We get paid back in the summer months. It's awful in the summer here.

20. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The snow is no big deal for Idaho. That following freezing rain - rain - back to snow again is a symptom and a harbinger of the global warming that Buster says ain't happening.

We got some of that crap mixture yesterday; had a fine old time clearing it from in front of my mailbox. Just plain snow today, maybe six inches.