another new member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Fireman22, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Hello Ruger Forum Members.

Like many others, I’ve been lurking as a guest for a while and I thought it was time to come out of the shadows and introduce myself.

By no means am I a firearms expert, I’m just an enthusiast residing in the semi-free Commonwealth of Massachusetts who enjoys recreational target shooting. I’m looking forward to continue my reading of others’ knowledge, opinions, and tales regarding Ruger firearms. And of course, if there is ever a thread that I can contribute to, I’ll join in and add my two-cents.

The Ruger firearms that I currently own are a stainless Security Six .357, a stainless New Single Six Convertible, and an AR 556.

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hi Fireman. Welcome to RT. That's a good range of Rugers. You have non-Rugers too? And pics? Some of us are visually oriented (not naming names).

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk, new member Fireman22,

Glad that you decided to join in.

Thanks for joining.

Jim

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas, :tiphat: Glad to have you on the forum with us.
    I've found you don't need to be an expert to have fun here and pass along interesting tidbits of information.
    Range reports are always fun. It's kinda like I get to check out a gun without having to purchase it...... saves me money. :D

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to Ruger Talk!

yeah........that's our only flaw(well, not really!).........we like pictures all right!

6. havasu

havasu In the army now..

We're glad to have you here!

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to the RT forum. Glad to have you on board and glad to hear that you have some Rugers yourself. Of course we don't restrict our thoughts to just Rugers. All brands are welcome and the more we hear and see of them, the more interest it draws. Although I am a Ruger fan I do enjoy hearing about other firearms. Add your .02 cents worth at any time and we will enjoy your thoughts and ideas.

From the land of the sizzling sun- Az.

Tommy

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and the more you contribute the more you will get back.

9. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Yeah. Scorn and vituperation are not in the mix of responses. I do like the word though -vituperate. Say that out loud and enunciate each syllable carefully: vie TUPE err ate. Nasty. Cuss words ain't in it. Like shooting 200gr FNRNGC ahead of 27gr of H110 in your 4.2" Redhawk.

Yeah, new friend, I went to the range today. The euphoria is still wearing off.

:p

10. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Welcome to R / T

Ummm, just what does vituperate mean, VT? That's way too much of a word for a dummy like me to try and figure out...:p

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

With apologies to the OP -

I'll pas you on to Merriam-Webster:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vituperate

The definition doesn't convey the full effect of the flying spittle from the distorted lips, or the engorged veins in the temples and neck, characteristics of the fully engaged vituperator.

Being both humanists and gunners, as many of us RT-ers are, we wish for a tranquilizer dart to relieve her stress.

[Notice how I slipped that in there, DoubleR?]

12. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome to the forum!
    We don't care what guns ya got or like. We like them all.
    I see that VT

13. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Hey DoubleR, what's with your constantly changing profile pic?

14. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Last month was Fibromyalgia Awareness Month- purple profile to support those who suffer from it.
    This month is patriotic for Memorial Day
    Next month will be a different patriotic for Forth of July.
    After that no one knows ;)
    No reason to always stay the same :)

15. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

Thank you all for your words of welcome.

I belong to several other forums related to my other hobbies (RV camping, Harley Davidsons, and unicycling) and your responses have been the most interesting and welcoming of them all. After work I’ll see about posting a photo of my first Ruger over in the photos thread.

16. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Only one thing I would warn you about...
    Make sure your legs are very well attached.

as they may get pulled a lot..;):)

Jim

17. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

^^^ yeah it's about time my legs got a break from VT and Tommy. Pull your pant legs up to tempt VT and Tommy.

18. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Okay for you Buster, just okay for you!!! Now you got one coming! I wasn't going to chide you anymore because it's not nice to pick on the elderly, one legged, unable to walk, crippled up, gimpy, old crackpot. But NOW, since you have assaulted Bob (VT) and I, the cards are on the table. We have been perfect gentlemen for so long that halos were starting to form over our heads. But the war has started- save your Dixie cups cuz your gonna need them. I will contact Bob and we will figure out our strategy and I would lay low if I were you.
    Sincerely,

Tommy:RantOff:

19. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy!
    Hear that, you're in for it buster.

Sorry Fireman22, When these guys get started....... :duck:

20. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Fireman,

I would like to take a moment and thank you for joining our forum. We enjoy all kinds of weapons and pics of them. You will find a great bunch of folks on here that are great people. (Except for 1 that I can name but won't because I am a polite person). But please feel free to jump in anytime and add a bit of knowledge to those of us who can use it. If you are into reloading be prepared, we will pick your brain to death. If not, just give us a range report ever so often. I wish you a hardy welcome!!!

From the land of the sizzling sun - Az
    Tommy

And as for the above comments, you just have to ignore them. He's just a grumpy old curmudgeon that always stirs mud into the coffee pot. I won't mention his name however his initials are B-U-S-T-E-R! I just want to warn you ahead of time. Shhhh- it's a secret.