Another new 10/22 owner

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by Rado, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Rado

Rado New Member

Just picked up my first 10/22,Black synthetic,third Ruger :) Sweet little gun.. Already have a Bushnell 4x32mm.Extended scope rings coming, I want Iron sights as well, Bi Pod on the way, Stud kit coming, 4 BX 25 Magazines coming, and who knows what else Ill need to buy :O

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I've shot many 10/22's but have yet to own one. I'm more of a revolver guy. But if I was ever going to buy another .22 rifle, that's what I would buy. Enjoy it! (Feel free to post pictures of it)

3. Rado

Rado New Member

I never owned a 10/22 before either! I have been a revolver guy since the early 80s. Ruger .357 Security Six , Still have and shoot it :) Always like the look of the 10/22 and years ago I gave my .22 to my grandson. After shooting a buddies 10/22 I was hooked lol. So between my Six. Ruger 9E and 9MM shield and 10/22 I have a few toys to keep me busy :)

RL Johnson likes this.
  4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

If your 10/22 doesn't have the BX trigger in it, that oughta be your next mod. Makes a big difference. I've owned a 10/22 for 30 years or so; standard birch stock, 4X scope, and that BX trigger. An old, bore-worn Winchester Model 61 is my only other .22LR rifle. I honor the Winchester, shoot the Ruger.

5. Rado

Rado New Member

Thanks for the advice, Ill add that to my list,, I just ordered the extended mag release! I have a 4x x32mm scope,4 BX25 ,extended scope rings , bi pod , sling stud adapter, I think that's it this week lol I check out the BX trigger in a few minutes
    Thanks again

6. single5

single5 New Member

If you bought the 10/22 new, it should already have an extended magazine release.

7. Rado

Rado New Member

Yes I got it new did not know it has the extended release,, Thanks

8. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Ruger 10/22s are an outrageous bargain for what you get.

I own several, with different types of sights on them, everything from red dot sights to Tech Sight TSR100 sights. I do not like the stock Ruger sights.

These are great guns. Enjoy.

9. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Yeah, the choices now are mind-boggling - for my mind anyway. That stock rear sight is folding so it can be gotten out of the way.

;)