Another laughable attempt

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by phideaux, Dec 27, 2015.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Never, never forget the old saying (and it is absolutely true) that 'first they came for my neighbors, and I said nothing, then they came for my friends, and again I said nothing, then they came for me and there was no one left to defend me.'

Another laughable attempt to make the people skeered about ASSAULT weapons, which my Ruger SR 22 would fall into their description...:rolleyes:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/text

Jim

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I see they have made the 10/22 an exempted type of rifle, provided you keep your rocket launcher off the end of the barrel.

“(B) A semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, except for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

“(iv) A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

A barrel shroud - irrelevant to purpose, only significant to appearance. I wonder about barrel shrouds that don't look like the one on an AR.

"Forward" pistol grip - this ban must lead inexorably to banning bottom pickaninny rails.

A threaded barrel - banners may not (or may) be aware that most barrels are threaded at the breach end.

and on and on.

And - they're still happily calling them "assault" rifles.

In this case, the presence of the obvious ulterior motive doesn't negate the appellation" Evidence of gross stupidity here."

4. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I noticed they listed the Ruger Mini 14 Tactical rifle but not the Mini14 Ranch rifle.:rolleyes:

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

"To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes" Not unlimited and for other purposes?? I think they need read the 2nd till they grasp what shall not infringe means. "other purposes" that's the scary part of this ignorance.
    This perfect example of simple minded attempt to infringe on the 2nd. I see this as an attempt to not limit stupidity and controlling the sheople. This is just another very similar attempt to pass Feinstein's infringing illegal crap. It was reported that Obama and Bloomberg met to rub their unconstitutional brains around gun control and to expect more of Obama's illegal executive slight of pen actions.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    I stated this before that Obama's last year in office will prove there will be hell to pay. Along with Bloomberg, they will start an anti-gun agenda that we have never seen before, even bigger than Sarah Brady's. Neither one of them will ever need a gun because they have their own security guards and secret service to protect them the rest of their lives. And you can be sure that Obama is not into trap/skeet shooting as one photo op showed him shooting a shotgun. I really think that the "idiot squad" as I prefer to call them are going to bite off more than they can chew. Bloomberg contributed something like $2 million to get Az. laws changed and it didn't work. Lame Brain has stated he will use executive fiat which I think he will find will be totally unconstitutional. There are too many guns being bought now and since the San Berdo shooting, there will be a lot more sold and many more sheople will become gun supporters now than they were before. The one thing I do worry about is Lame Brain and some idiot congressman coming up with a new tax on ammo and reloading equipment. If he can't get our guns, he will try to go after ammo. Then we will up the proverbial creek if that happens.

Tommy

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My take on it...

Democrats introduce a bill with 0% chance of going anywhere, just to say they did it.

Republicans will let it come to a vote, just to vote it down, just to say they did it.

This is how our Congress represents us..:mad:

Jim

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

It's called scamming the sheople. Sorry to say but eventually the politicians could brainwash the masses into giving up their last equal form of protection. It has happened elsewhere and no good came from it.
    People could be stealing guns to get money from the BS government buy back program. That would be sign of ultimate brain washing.