Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took this Sow yesterday morning with one head shot with a .38 Special 160 grain Cast Lead Keith Bullet in my Marlin 1894 .357 Mag Rifle this is an extremely accurate .38 Special Target Rifle load .I delivered a shot to this hogs head at 100 yards and the bullet past thru leaving an exit hole twice the size of the entrance hole. The Hog went down like a stone. I then took the Hog to the butcher where the meat will be processed and donated to a local food bank for the needy. These bullets were cast from wheel weights and expand into perfect mushrooms. Quick Clean Kill the bullet performance is awesome .

Reactions: Hutnykmc

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’d have to be famished to even consider eating a feral hog!
Hey Paul you don't know what you are missing !
Here are some Feral Hog Southern Smoked on Pecan Wood Racks of Ribs ! Paul these Ribs will make your tongue slap your brains out !

Reactions: nickndfl

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More for us. You’re missing out.
You got that right ! I Carolina Pecan smoked these Ribs and put the dry rub season on them they were good ! Those Yankees don't know good SOUTHERN FOOD .:LOL:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yesterday Mr. 10/22 Scores 2 more Hogs in Beach Island SC. during my morning stroll in the woods I ran out 15 scored two from 50 to 60 yards these two boar stopped to look at me long enough to deliver two quick head shots . They have gone to the butcher for processing .Not bad for a mornings work. I am paid to Eradicate and that is what I am doing but there are so many with thousands of acres of pine forest being harvested for lumber they got to move right now blackberries & Wild Strawberries are what they are after mostly on the power line right of way that goes thru the property I am contracted on .I have killed well over 150 Hogs with nothing more than a Ruger 10 /22 Rifle at a range as far as 100 Yards delivering head shots with precision with that Ruger 10/22 Rifle this little rifle & it's Rim Fire cartridge impresses me as to it's ability to make clean one shot kills out to 100 Yards. The Majority of Coyotes & Hogs I have killed with center fire have been for the most part 100 yards or less anyway . I carry a sidearm just in case one of these Hogs is not stopped but thus far I have put down 300 & 400 Pound boar with it with a single head shot.

Reactions: Itchy finger
1 - 9 of 9 Posts