Another gun theater shooter

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by DoubleR, Aug 5, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Any bets it was a gun free theater? Amazing how people can't see the sign doesn't protect anyone but puts their lives in danger.
    Anyone with an IQ above a coconut can see gun free zones do not stop killings by people using guns. If they could take away the guns, which they can't, then only the evil killers would have guns. There are so many gun laws already in effect that are not enforced which is why there is so much gun violence. If they enforced the laws no criminal would be caught with a gun in his possession during a crime.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015

2. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I guess we'll have to wait and see if this was a gun free zone.
    Can't find out much, seems like the shooter is the only one down.

Is this some kind of copy-cat thing getting started?

If the theater has a sign up, I'll go to one that knows better, it's safer, armed or not. (Even a coconut brain should know that!)

3. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Last I've read he never "opened fire" until SWAT showed up. Now they are saying he only had a pellet gun and no word on what's in the 2 back packs he had on him.
    Not enough people died for the media to run with it I guess. (Enter almost sarcasm here)

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yes, I just found some information on it.
    They say he had "significant psychiatric or psychological issues".

A LEO friend tells me until we do something about mental health problems, it ain't gonna get better.
    He says he brings them in, the system puts em right back on the street with no place to go.

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Maybe if they put the Colorado theater killer in a public firing squad it might cut back on these wanna be known sitting duck killers.The Colorado killer is up for sentencing right now. The firing squad should start at his feet and work their way up shooting till he is dead. He wanted to be famous here is his chance to be in the center of it all.

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I guess Im too paranoid :rolleyes:, to enjoy a movie in a theater.

Jim

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Nope...just smart Jim !!

Seems word is out that movie theaters are gun free zones now...( except if I'm in there )

Idiot brought a pellet gun and a blunt tomahawk to a gun fight...he lost !!

9. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Recently I have gone a couple times. When I go I usually go late when no one else goes and it's in a very small town and I end up being the only one there. I sit in a spot where I have good view of anyone coming in and out. Also knowing well we're the emergency exit is.
    Recently my husband and I went and we both had a hard time enjoying the movie. Spent most of our time checking out who was coming in and out.
    There are no gun free zone signs here. When we were there for date day a few weeks ago I was happy to identify 3 others who were also carrying just in the time I was in the popcorn line. One guy I so badly wanted to tell him his shirt was stuck up in his clip on his holster but I wasn't able to get a opportunity to do so discreetly. It wasn't obvious to someone who didn't know about carrying so I didn't feel it was too important. 2 clips and leather like it was gave it away for me when he leaned down to talk to his kid. Lol! I felt better knowing there were armed parents there. :)

10. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

And once again mental illness is the key.
    Glad he lost with no one else also loosing. Sad situation though all around. Think we can thank the media for glorifying these shootings at theaters.

11. Millertime

Millertime New Member

I'm hoping this encourages people with CC permits to carry wherever they go. I know of too many people that have their permits that rarely carry. I would hate to be somewhere where something happened and I wasn't armed.

12. Reloader54

Reloader54 Reloader54

I heard that the Holms the CO theater shooter got life in prison without parole. and that was because the jury could not all decide to put him to death. And the theater in TN was a gun free zone as well. And the police found in the back pack something that looked like a pipe bomb but it turned out to be a fake. And he did have pepper spray which he sprayed all over the theater, a hatchet, and a pellet gun. I just want to know when these anti-gun idiots will start seeing that gun free zones will not stop these idiots from taking a gun into these places. And get rid of them. Because the only thing that they are doing is making it to where law abiding citizens cannot defend themselves from these criminals that choose gun free zones to do their crimes knowing that no on will be able to defend themselves.

13. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Wait, Wait, Wait, If it's a gun free zone, how could some nut have a gun?
    Ohhh, Maybe murders don't care about some rule about guns when they are bent on murder!
    Nah, must be they just don't see the signs.