Another great now RIP

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Sep 16, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Harry Dean Stanton known for so many different roles in movies has passed away from natural causes at age 91. I always thought he added his own style to any movie he ever was in.
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTuu7r9imtw[/ame]

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

He was a great character actor...

R.I.P. Harry Dean Stanton

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

He was always an old farm boy, especially in Clint Eastwood's movie Kelly's Heros and in Paul Newman's movie where they were in a chain gang (forget the name). Cool Hand Luke.Paul was sent to work on a chain gang cuz he was cutting off parking meter heads. I saw that movie and thought that was a good idea and a buddy of mine and I tried to rip one of a street corner that was bent over and some cops came over and asked what the hell we were doing. We both said: I dunno. He said we had better learn real quick and go home. That's when we had a failure to communicate, but we went home staggering down the street. I used to drink some then, but not now.

He will be missed for sure!!!

Tommy

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  4. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I confess I didn't know who that was, UNTIL I watched the great video. Yeah, he was a great character actor.

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I was the same way in that I didn't recognize the name but I sure recognized the face. I remembered his often smiling back showing his sense of finding humorous response to the situation in a scene.

6. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Harry D, Stanton!

7. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

A really fine character actor, he will be missed.