another died

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Jan 29, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Gee 2017 is getting off to sorrowful start for Hollywood.
    Barbara Hale who played Perry Mason's secretary, Della Street, has died. She was born in 1942. I always thought she was an attractive lady as well as playing her part very well.
    I hope we don't see number two of this string for a long time.

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I always found Barbara Hale to be an attractive yet conservative lady. She played her part well and with dignity. She was the consummate mate to compliment Perry Mason and Paul Drake. Even if Raymond Burr emoted his position, she was the one who would bring him back down to ground and the story would end, usually with a little humor, or even possibly a quote from her. When I get a chance I try to watch Perry Mason reruns, first driving a 57 Ford and then a Lincoln. Paul Drake in the end drove Corvettes for the final year. The facial close ups and the eye expression were the factors that made the series a hit. She was beloved in the series and today, that kind of drama and entertainment is dissipated. What a shame. She will be missed but loved by many.

Tommy

3. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Now here was a lady I had a crush on, a fine actress. She was in other films besides Perry Mason, but not a lot I have seen.;)

4. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

The Skipper?

Attached Files:

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

^ I think he, Alan Hale, died a long tome ago like around 1990.

6. gumpy

gumpy New Member

January 2,1990.