Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
boatpro
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought my 10/22 ruger would shoot any ammo. Until i tryed remington cbee22 hollow point ammo low noise ,it jammed up about 4 in every clip did anybody else have this problem

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
My reading about low noise and also hollow point ammo is jams are prone to happen. The low noise ammo is usually lighter loads causing weak rifle action. Whether that is fact I am not sure.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
The CBees are light loads. Not enough recoil to reliably work any semiauto action that's intended for high velocity LR.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The 10/22 is designed to shoot Long Rifle ammo . I'm surprised it worked at all with CB caps. Testament to Bill's design ?
If you wish to shoot CB caps, shorts or longs , a bolt action , lever action or pump action is required.
Also , CB caps will not work in a Ruger MKI or MKII pistol either. You can single load them and fire it , but that's it. But a revolver shoots them all just fine and dandy.
Gary

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have about a dozen rimfire rifles and pistols at any given time. Until about 2 years ago the battery also included some Remington long guns (heavy barrel 597s). All of the rimfires share the same safe. All I can figure is they held a meeting about 5 years ago and unanimously voted all varities of Remington rimfire ammo off the approved dietary list. Doesn't matter what it is, Thunderfarts, Goldens. CBees, they just won't shoot it reliably so I quit buying it, even during the worst of the recent rimfire ammo drought when nothing else would even be available. I still can't get CCI MiniMag 40gr. solids at acceptable prices but Federal AutoMatch has been showing up in the 325 ct. boxes. I also have a case of Wolf Match Extra, but that's reserved for my benchrest rifle. You might try Aguila's equivalent to the CBee. Obviously, it's made on old Remington equipment but at least it's Eley primed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts