Ammo easier to get in your area?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Mrdaputer, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Mrdaputer

Mrdaputer Member

In MN wlmart has taken off their 3 box limit on all but 22's. You can find 40 or 45 all day long even 9's are in a lot more. Even 22's are coming in quicker but gone just as fast.

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Everything is pretty much available except the 22lr.......

3. gwpercle

gwpercle Member

Looked at two wall marts in Baton Rouge last Saturday....not a 22 to be found. They had shotgun shells. Glad to know there is no longer a limit on the non-existent ammo.

4. robshannon

robshannon sixtiesstill

Went to my LGS and picked up a 2nd. box of 22lr HV, 500pack. Also at the local Walmart I was able to pick up a couple 40s&w 180g 100 packs for $32ea. Its getting better, just need to rebuild inventory.

5. Reloader54

Reloader54 Reloader54

Here in AZ I've been able to find most of the ammo that I wanted to buy. But .22lr is still a little hard to find at good prices. I've also had a problem finding .357mag ammo in boxes of 50 or 100. but can find in boxes of 20. And those were at $20.00 a box. and that is to much for me to pay. I only but ammo when I'm not able to reload it because of back problems. but I'm seeing things getting better. But in the Walmart's near me they are still not good places to find ammo. I find it better and in bigger supplies at the local gun stores and at better prices as well.

6. tinkersdam

tinkersdam New Member

(SE-Wisc.) 40 S&W and 45 acp the most available at Wally World. Been finding those in Federal 50 & 100 packs fairly easily. 9mm scarce except for some overpriced UMC's, Winchesters, and grossly overpriced 'never heard of before' foreign stuff nobody's buying. Did, however, find 3-100 packs of Federal hiding behind some shotgun ammo about 2 weeks ago. Snapped those up quick. 22LR's....other than a rare CCI 40gr, haven't seen anything in decent bulk packs (Federal or Golden Bullet) in well over a year.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  7. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Today's Walmart 9 and 45 score I bought all they had. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1395618457.332536.jpg

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Last I looked (about a week ago) our Walmart was still pretty bare,mainly shotgun ammo,same with the LGS.

9. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

here in the north side of seattle, .22lr is very scarce. A few LGS have it one box of 50 at time most usually at $5.00 for plain brands cash. Walmart is usually emptied out by 6:10am on the morning of the arrival of shipment. Most of the on line sources (when they are not fully sold out) sell only at absurd prices. really rather sad.

10. Reloader54

Reloader54 Reloader54

Yesterday I went to a gun shop that I've bought some firearms from. And I went in to see if they had any .22lr ammo. The did and they did not have any limits on how much you could buy at one time. They had CCI .22lr Mini-mag in 100 round count for $12.99 each. And they also had Remington Thunderbolt .22lr in 50 round box for $5.00 a box. both were High Velocity ammo. I got 10 boxes of Remington ammo to make 500 rounds total. They said that they were starting to not have problems any more. They are in Tempe, AZ.

11. DaveDawg

DaveDawg New Member

There would be a lot more ammo to buy if people weren't hoarding it up and trying to scalp price it. Every Wall mart in my area ( 4 ) have people who show up every morning and get in line with others and buy up all of the .22 lr. and you can see ads all the time in the area on armslist.com where they're trying to sell ammo for more than 2x the amount. If they're weren't doing that there would be ammo to buy.

12. robshannon

robshannon sixtiesstill

Nothing I know of willl stop that from happening, if I'm near a store that sells ammo I stop in and hope for the best

13. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

In Western Washington, there is not a great supply of any ammo and very little 22lr. most all I get by on-line order.

14. redmist3455

redmist3455 New Member

Depends on the round. 22LR is kind of plentiful. 220 swift is insanely hard to find. Most rounds like .223, .308, .45, .38 special, even .50 BMG are quite available.

15. Mrdaputer

Mrdaputer Member

Yesterday was my lucky day. I went to fleet farm they had 1000 rnd bulk 9mm so I picked some up. I stopped by walmart they had wwb 333 count I picked up 3 boxes:D

16. mark

mark Member

Around here its getting easier to find centerfire handgun ammo. 22s are still slow. I went through 40,000 rounds of 22s last year without paying scalper prices, but trying to keep up getting enough is like having a job. I don't shoot much during motorcycle season, so maybe by fall things will be back in the running.
    A couple of years ago I spent a winter mostly shooting a single shot handgun and some North American Arms minis, and that really cut back on the ammo use. Lately I have been running a lot of 22s through a sp101 Ruger, double action.
    I am a handgun addict, whose fix is 22 ammo..

17. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Understand that......know how you feel. Its just sad that the good ol days of 22lr being everywhere and easy to get are gone. And the prices will never come back down.....:mad:

18. Mrdaputer

Mrdaputer Member

Only when ppl stop buying from to hoarders and they get stuck with them.

19. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I live in East Mesa and my biggest problem is finding powder. I generally use Bullseye or Winchester 231 however it seems to be non existent. I did see some .357 at Sportsman's Warehouse over at Greenfield and Lindsey just the other day however I wasn't paying that much attention to the size of the boxes. They seem to have the best prices around our area. I did see some Bullseye powder at Bass Pro however they wanted $49.95 per pound and some guy was there from Flagstaff and bought 5lbs. which left 1 lbs. left for others to buy. Should you find a good powder supplier, please drop me a pm and I will keep my eyes out for .38/.357 rounds for you. Best I can do to help you now. BTW, trucks come in on Sat. mornings so you have to be about 10.00 am to catch them while they are unloading. Best of luck!
    Tommy

20. Reloader54

Reloader54 Reloader54

Thanks, and I will also keep and eye out for powder that you use as well. I also use Winchester 231 powder for reloading as well. And I too have not been able to find it either. and I've been looking online as well. I've also used Bullseye and Unique as well and have not bee able to find those either. I do have a pound of winchester321 that I just opened and I do have some Blue Dot that a friend gave me when he moved back to VA. And it's around 30yrs old. But It is still good to use. When and if I find any powder supplies I'll let you know where I found it. I live in Tempe, AZ.