Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought an American in 30/06 and I was wondering what would be a good scope to put on her. I'm looking to go pig hunting and possibly deer at some point any suggestions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Planned on spending $200 on a scope bushnell has a new set if scopes out the doa scopes just dnt know if there any good

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Take a look at this one.

I have 2 of these , and best Ive found for the money, clear and adj great.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=simmons+whitetail

Im gonna move this over to proper subforum. Ruger Rimfire is just not a good place for scope discussion.

btw, John, WELCOME to Rugertalk, and let me encourage you to go over to Introductions and tell us a little about yourself.

Thanks

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I see you found it..

have fun.

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
What magnification should I get for a scope?
That would depend on what type shooting your planning,
Out to 100 yards or out to 800 yards. I dont know what your plans are

Jim.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinking 200 yds would be around max I'll be hunting pig and possibly deer so at most 200 yds and I do live in California so not many deer ha

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Any 3X9X40 would work for ya, and be good for less than 100 yrds.

If your shooting mainly 100 to 200 yrds that Simmons I linked for you would work really well, but may bee a little too much power below 75 yrds.
That Simmons has adjustable objective, so that helps a lot a closer ranges.
Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking about a redfield 3-9x40 and yea it's gna be for 200yds and under most likely be under most of the time

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I was thinking about a redfield 3-9x40 and yea it's gna be for 200yds and under most likely be under most of the time
Thats a good choice, should work fine for ya , unless your OLD and have OLD eyes like me,
Then you nee a LOT of magnification.;):D

Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I'm young but I wear glasses so my eyes aren't the best but with glasses I'm fine so I think I'm gna go with that redfield thanks for the help

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Well I'm young but I wear glasses so my eyes aren't the best but with glasses I'm fine so I think I'm gna go with that redfield thanks for the help
You should be fine..

Your welcome.

Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts